1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone changed their mind about Neil Harris?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Colonel Cardiffi, 13 Feb 2020.

1. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘

Ratings:
    +52,814 / 1,937 / -244
    It's fair to say Harris' appointment didn't exactly inspire confidence in everyone.

We're you one of those people that weren't impressed but have come around now? Or are you still not convinced?

[​IMG]

I didn't know what to think when he came in, I liked Warnock overall but realised his time to pass the torch had come.

I had no preconceptions about Harris, I'd heard the good and bad about his record at Millwall and just figured he was a young manager that deserved a chance here just like any other.

So far it all seems quite positive, he's appears intelligent, genuine and wants the club to thrive from the youth upwards.

Time will tell whether his reign will be a success but I think he's earned at least a chance to prove himself.

• Good Football Post Good Football Post x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  2. Eat Y'self Fitter

Eat Y'self Fitter ⭐ Top Twelve Poster ⭐
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place

Ratings:
    +15,630 / 593 / -81
    I was fairly optimistic over his appointment and I'm happy that so far there are far more positives than negatives.

3. Spanker

Spanker Club and Country Superstar

Ratings:
    +1,618 / 23 / -1
    He’s made us hard to beat (QPR performance aside), got a tune out of Tomlin and now it looks like he’s found a winning formula.
    Didn’t inspire me at first, certainly thought it was a mistake and he was out of his depth after QPR but since then he’s really stepped up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TH63

TH63 How I wish you were here.
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐 PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place PICKEM World Cup 2nd

Ratings:
    +23,598 / 765 / -140
    Well firstly I think we need to acknowledge that we've been getting these results with Warnock signings, so let's acknowledge that maybe Warnock didn't leave us with such a bad team as some people were making out?

To be fair, Harris seems to be getting the best out of them, as Warnock once did.

Can Harris get us promoted? Would've been an absolute "No" a few weeks ago, but on current form we're 3rd or 4th.

Our ultimate goal needs to be at least an established mid-table premier league - Is Harris the man to get us to that point? I'm not convinced yet.

Our biggest issue is not the manager, it's a lack of football knowledge at board level, apparently our approach to player recruitment seems to be "we need a player, that's a player, let's sing him", no long term plan of how to get promoted and stay there, or of what style of play we want to employ. Our board still seems to be intent on running the football club like a regular business.

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Good Football Post Good Football Post x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  5. Hot Shot Hamish

Hot Shot Hamish First Team Debut

Ratings:
    +131 / 1 / -0
    He’s doing ok at present and a few players have definitely improved since he took over

However, like most managers his ultimate success depends on his recruitment, what players he brings into the club and also what players come through the academy

The January window was interesting, he got rid of some deadwood, trimmed the wage bill a bit and bought 3 players on loan who possibly could turn into permanent signings if things go well

3/4 academy players have been involved in 1st team games and also done reasonably well

So while things are far from perfect they have definitely improved since he took over

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Antifa

Antifa Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +3,322 / 85 / -16
    His record speaks for itself, Can’t fault the man so far Although I like many was a bit at first

But he’s proving his doubters wrong and the teams seems to have gone from zeros to hero’s in the last few games

Long may it continue :aya:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Feedback

Feedback Ballon d'Or Winner
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +5,998 / 319 / -76
    we are not top by 40 points so I'm afraid its time to get rid

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  8. Whitts Left Peg

Whitts Left Peg Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐 👥 Dalman Out Brigade 👥

Ratings:
    +13,840 / 432 / -74
    Acknowledge that Lee Tomlin was a Warnock player? Righto!

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
  9. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Ballon d'Or Winner
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 🏃🏃🏃 600 PAGER 🏃🏃🏃 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ I ❤ NEIL HARRIS

Ratings:
    +40,465 / 379 / -41
    I’ve got the banner:hehe:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. bluethrough

bluethrough Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +13,293 / 174 / -7
    I pretty much feel the same as when he was appointed, just give the man a chance.

No idea how things would go but at this moment pleasantly pleased with how things seem to be moving and just glad that after quite a few games now, the wheels haven't come off. He certainly done enough so far for me not to be looking for our next manager.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. TH63

🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐 PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place PICKEM World Cup 2nd

Ratings:
    +23,598 / 765 / -140
    So who was the manager when Tomlin signed then?

12. TDA

TDA fully paid up member of the silent majority
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘

Ratings:
    +13,124 / 405 / -35
    The sign of a good manager is finding a system for the players you have. This is where Russell Slade was so limited in that it was 4 4 2 or nothing.

The QPR result has shown Harris that he can't play with wingbacks or out-football most teams in the division. The style for this lot has got to involve getting the ball forward more quickly, but without playing hoofball.

16 different scorers so far this season, just one less than the 17 we had in Malky's promotion squad. I'm sure that Unc Albert will be the 17th before too long.

I thought Harris was the right choice given the players we had. It's a big chance for him and he is not disappointing so far.

• Good Football Post Good Football Post x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Whitts Left Peg

Ratings:
    +13,840 / 432 / -74
    Warnock may have signed him but he was certainly not a Warnock player. He had been ostracised almost instantly after signing and was out of the picture for over 2 years. Now he is out best player, by some distance.

The reason? Neil Harris. Absolutely nothing to do with Warnock.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TH63

Ratings:
    +23,598 / 765 / -140
    To be fair I said "we've been getting these results with Warnock signings"

Tomlin clearly had some issues early doors, he said as much himself, we don't know the full story about the first couple of years.

Would Tomlin have come good under Warnock? Who knows
    Absolutely he's our best player, he probably always was. Warnock must've seen that talent but like I said, we don't know what went on behind closed doors.

End of the day, he's a joy to watch at the moment, that pass for Murphy last night wow

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
  15. TDA

TDA fully paid up member of the silent majority
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘

Ratings:
    +13,124 / 405 / -35
    Exactly. We don't know the relationship between players and manager. Tomlin arrived with a court case hanging over him that may have been more of a factor than is appreciated.

What Neil Warnock was not afraid to do was take a chance on a player, be it one with a dubious attitude or a history of injuries. Some come off, some don't.

Back to fitting into the squad, the nature of the departure of Lee Peltier again shows that if the face don't fit, out you go, regardless of who the manager is.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Whitts Left Peg

Ratings:
    +13,840 / 432 / -74
    Harris has built the side around Tomlin and is getting the results. Warnock was never going to do that. To suggest he would have this season is a nonsense.

Tomlin continues to make Warnock look a cunt with each and every game and long may it continue.

Harris takes all the credit for Tomlin as far as im concerned.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Whitts Left Peg

Ratings:
    +13,840 / 432 / -74
    16 games under Warnock with this squad - 19 points
    16 games under Harris with this squad - 30 points

Nuff said

• Like Like x 2
  18. Eat Y'self Fitter

Eat Y'self Fitter ⭐ Top Twelve Poster ⭐
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place

Ratings:
    +15,630 / 593 / -81
    Imagine how Reid might now be faring under Harris...

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. TH63

Ratings:
    +23,598 / 765 / -140
    Fair point

• Like Like x 2
  20. Whitts Left Peg

Ratings:
    +13,840 / 432 / -74
    or a fit Isacc Vasell:coat:

• Funny Funny x 1