1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atrocity in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by TH63, 15 Mar 2019.

1. Barry Shitpeas

Barry Shitpeas Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +4,841 / 47 / -11
    I wouldn’t have expected anything different from them lot. Thick as pig shit.

2. LordKenwyne

LordKenwyne Club and Country Superstar

Ratings:
    +556 / 23 / -6
    exactly why i went on there

3. steve davies

steve davies SCARED OF DANDRUFF
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +3,564 / 78 / -12
    Catholicism has been one of the most extreme forms of religion tony. There are thousands of cases of where people have made huge donations to the Catholic Church because unscrupulous priests have told them that their departed loved ones would be able to to sit at the top table with god . The larger the donation the closer they can sit. It was the Catholic Church who were burning people at the stake for owning an English version of the bible instead of Latin.
    There’s no difference to any religion as far as I am concerned in the fact that they all set out to control the population with fear of what happens when thy die or the fact that the bearded man in the sky is watching their every move every second of the day. Everybody is entitled to their own beliefs they are not entitled to force them onto other people or use those beliefs to extort money. I went to the Vatican last year as the missus wanted to see it and it struck me the amount of beggars camped outside the place and yet you go inside and the place is dripping in gold so something not right there .

• Agree Agree x 2
    #23 steve davies, 15 Mar 2019 at 09:26
    Last edited: 15 Mar 2019
  4. Barry Shitpeas

Ratings:
    +4,841 / 47 / -11
    Spent some time in Christchurch myself a few years back, coincidentally I’ve just this week been in contact with a few people I worked with there.
    Although it likes to portray itself as a welcoming and tolerant country, there is undoubtedly a dark undercurrent of anti Asian feeling, especially in the South Island.

5. Barry Shitpeas

Ratings:
    +4,841 / 47 / -11

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nid Dave

Nid Dave Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +2,526 / 131 / -53
    Not even half the story. There's at least 5000 years of conflict and very little of it has been on religious grounds. Most was simple empire building whilst the religious pretext was to control people's thinking. Other than the Crusades most people would have difficulty in naming a "Religious" war.
    There is evidence of intelligent civilizations prior to 5000 years ago and as far as religion is concerned it is true the understanding by the masses has not progressed. It is unlikely that there is more than 1% of the worlds population that has a realistic understanding of the God concept. Anybody preaching dogma is wrong as the whole thing is based on an ever changing process where truth is ever changing depending on perspective. It's very much a case of the more you know the less you know.
    Organised religion is no more than a disposable crutch or bandage. It is never an end objective. The hardest sin to overcome is the love of religion it is said in Hindu custom.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  7. LordKenwyne

Ratings:
    +556 / 23 / -6
    I'm sure we'll be feeling the effect of invading iraq for decades more

8. Nid Dave

🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +2,526 / 131 / -53
    Correction:
    I'm sure the west will be feeling the effects of fighting Israel's wars for centuries.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  9. Eat Y'self Fitter

Eat Y'self Fitter **FORUM PRESIDENT**
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place

Ratings:
    +9,085 / 360 / -51
    :facepalm:

10. bluethrough

bluethrough Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +4,712 / 62 / -3

Protestant v Catholics 16th 17th an18th century
    Ireland
    Kosovo
    Lebanon
    Sudan
    Nigeria

To name but a few

There are loads of wars / conflicts based on religion:shrug2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Vote Lecter.

Ratings:
    +11,725 / 439 / -60
    Don't forget the Jews......

12. Nid Dave

🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +2,526 / 131 / -53
    I would argue that they are disguised as religious wars to legitimise the violence. The Protestant v Catholic conflict in the UK was barely religious in nature but a simple smash and grab mugging with those wishing to keep their position going along with it. The problem with them is that those perpetrating so called religious wars do not comply with the basic tenets and thus easily proved to be falsely labelled as religious. If you religion says thou shall not kill and you go and kill how can you call it a religious war?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bluethrough

Ratings:
    +4,712 / 62 / -3

On that basis I guess there have never been any religious wars. I admit to being no expert on any never mind all religions, but surely all religions sort of state that, whilst obviously contradicting itself with a licence to inflict pain and suffering.

As far as I'm concerned, if people are killing others of a differing religion then that has to count as a religious war:shrug2:. Obviously religion gets used as an excuse, but that's how "leaders" stir the emotions in people to get them to fight.

14. Nid Dave

🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +2,526 / 131 / -53
    You hit the Nail on the head. Because the masses are too thick to realise that the war is against normal religious belief they allow themselves to be stirred up by the call to war. There is no such thing as a God given right but most egos deny this.

15. adz-a32

adz-a32 GRAMMY WINNER
    PICKEM World Cup 3rd

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 344 / -62

• Like Like x 2
  16. bluethrough

Ratings:
    +4,712 / 62 / -3

But once it all kicks off the hatred becomes real among the masses, so at that point you have real hatred towards people of a different religion. At that point it has to be called a religious war and of them there have been many.

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
  17. LordKenwyne

Ratings:
    +556 / 23 / -6
    That is what ISIS have done isn't it.

If someone invaded my country, destroyed all outlook anyone ever had. Families and friends gone

You would want violent retribution

But instead they broadcast it and solely a religious war to gain more traction the world over

18. Joecity

Joecity Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 PICKEM World Cup 1st

Ratings:
    +17,983 / 253 / -62
    I wasn't surprised to hear this news this morning at all. The location was surprising but the act itself was not.

19. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Vote Lecter.

Ratings:
    +11,725 / 439 / -60

Saddest part of today will be the many fuckups that glory in the deaths of innocent people.

The irony being that they’re no different to the extremist Muslim arseholes they’re so against.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
  20. bluethrough

Ratings:
    +4,712 / 62 / -3

ISIS is a good example of a propaganda war. They advertise it as a holy war yet they kill anyone of any religion who just happens to not agree with their aims.