1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brazil 1 Germany 7

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by lardy, 12 Jun 2019 at 15:44.

1. lardy

lardy pelanty taker
    Fantasy Football 18/19

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 54 / -8
    Youtube recommended me the highlights of this game, one of the most bonkers I've ever seen. With all the context of it being a World Cup in Brazil etc, it must be the most remarkable match ever played.

But what actually happened that day? Germany were 5 up within half an hour and only one of the goals (Kroos from outside the box) couldn't be described as soft. Something dodgy was going on. The entire stadium seemed to be in tears after about 25 minutes - what could have happened to Brazil before the game?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  2. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽

Ratings:
    +29,879 / 1,494 / -204
    Don't post the video or anything though JEEZ MAAAN

• Funny Funny x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  3. Rydogsccfc

Rydogsccfc Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +1,120 / 57 / -14
    One of those "you remember where you were" moments witnessing that game unfolding Germany effectively won the cup that day in beyond style.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  4. Delboyo

Delboyo Suitcase for hire
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +1,267 / 32 / -14
    Didnt the Brazilian team suffer from food poisioning before the game? At that time i thought something dodgy was going on

5. Goslow

Goslow Ich bin ein fotze
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +8,118 / 286 / -119
    It was the best game of the WC, Brazil were woeful ,had been all tournament and Germany were outstanding.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. lardy

lardy pelanty taker
    Fantasy Football 18/19

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 54 / -8

Furgot

• Like Like x 1
    • Good Football Post Good Football Post x 1
  7. Eat Y'self Fitter

Eat Y'self Fitter ⭐ Forum President ⭐
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place 🗐 TEN PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +9,616 / 368 / -52
    Yep, I remember exactly where I was that day. At home with my feet up on the sofa.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rydogsccfc

Rydogsccfc Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +1,120 / 57 / -14
    So was I although I did go into the kitchen at the start to put a rustlers burger in the micro that's how good the game made me remember.:hehe:

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Jamieccfc

Jamieccfc Club and Country Superstar

Ratings:
    +940 / 15 / -3
    I was down my mother in laws watching it with my father in law he wanted Brazil to win and o wanted Germany to win :hehe: needless to say he suffered a tough evening of me absolutely battering him with bantz

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Arkay Dubya

Arkay Dubya Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +2,076 / 37 / -6
    Amazing game. I was in a pub in Hither Green and half of it was full with Brazilian fans (or wannabes at least), after twenty minutes my Dad calls me (we don't speak often) and says "Jesus Christ! Are you watching this?" by that point the pub was half empty. :hehe:

As @Goslow said Brazil had ridden their luck and were generally terrible, with Neymar injured they got found out in the worst possible manner by a clinical team. I seem to remember David Luiz was responsible for at least three of the goals.
    :homer:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ainsley Harriott

Ainsley Harriott Give your meat a good ol' rub
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +5,217 / 143 / -14
    I was in Florida.

Walked past a bar with my dad, looked at their big TV inside whilst I was passing & had to repeat to my dad twice that the scoreline actually read 5-0 already (we'd missed the 1st 30 mins)