1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexiteers

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by kiffa, Oct 17, 2018.

1. kiffa

kiffa Wipes sitting down
    ***GOLD MEMBER***

Ratings:
    +2,901 / 95 / -55
    • Snowflake Snowflake x 1

2. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!

Ratings:
    +15,717 / 1,100 / -149
    Banned him for giving ratings without actually posting anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • WRENCH OF SHIT WRENCH OF SHIT x 1
    • Snowflake Snowflake x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote

3. kiffa

kiffa Wipes sitting down
    ***GOLD MEMBER***

Ratings:
    +2,901 / 95 / -55
    Oh dear

Better try harder Croesy

• Agree Agree x 2

4. Vimto

Vimto Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +1,817 / 25 / -27
    That would be good going even if the poster was, say, an experienced ban-ee who is extremely adept at at attracting bans. :wink:

5. Eat Y'self Fitter

Eat Y'self Fitter **FORUM PRESIDENT**
    ***GOLD MEMBER*** PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place

Ratings:
    +5,150 / 233 / -37
    Well, that didn't last long.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote

6. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +15,717 / 1,100 / -149
    :hehe: Was it you?

7. Eat Y'self Fitter

Ratings:
    +5,150 / 233 / -37
    I would never do anything like that, Gareth.

• Funny Funny x 2

8. Woody

Woody Club and Country Superstar

Ratings:
    +1,002 / 15 / -4
    Back on topic, lest yet another thread be hijacked by Croesy or Croesy impersonators (which, to be frank, is starting to get a bit boring).

I was unclear about what the People's Vote actually wanted to achieve, so had a read through their website. I'm not really much the wiser.

For what is supposed to be a large, well-organised movement, their website is very badly written, vague and full of the kind of hyperbole that got us into this mess in the first place.

It is not remotely clear to me what the alternatives would be in a "people's vote". Clearly it can't be a choice between taking whatever Brexit deal is offered or cancelling Brexit altogether, because no matter what deal is negotiated, none of the "remoaners" are likely to vote in favour of it. Is it instead a vote between taking a deal or having a no-deal Brexit? I can't see that any of the people agitating for this are any better qualified voting on that than were the people who voted for Brexit in the first place.

I voted to remain, but only after properly researching both sides of the argument and even then it was a very tough decision. Anyone on either side who viewed it as a straightforward decision had likely not looked into it properly. And many of the people wanting this vote because they didn't get their own way, are probably as daft and ill-informed as those who voted Leave because they didn't like Jonny Foreigner.

We had a vote. I didn't get my own way, but that's democracy for you. The EU is going to make things as difficult as possible, because if they made it easy, other net contributors to the EU would be more likely to leave. The papers that appeal to remoaners are going to stoke panic about the difficulties. The papers that appeal to the brexiteers will do the opposite. Both will exaggerate, because that's what the papers do.

Personally, I can't wait for the whole thing to be done & dusted so we can get on with things under whatever circumstances we end up with.

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

9. Vimto

Vimto Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +1,817 / 25 / -27
    Maybe its another example where people like you and me get so fed up that we'll just accept something we would never have accepted.
    It is easy to imagine that the many apparent examples of the scandalous shambles that we see happen around us (not just Brexit related) are simply designed to desensitise us into acceptance. :shrug2:

• Agree Agree x 4

10. Hillyboy61

Hillyboy61 Wales Regular

Ratings:
    +370 / 5 / -2
    Have a look at Target2 and if you can find an easily readable article (most are very technical and have given me forehead scarring) of what it does and the current state of play its in. It is horror reading.
    I’m not one for posting links as there’s always a bias in articles or reports. I tend to try and find as many pro and anti articles as I can to form an opinion.
    But in my eyes Target2 is the cesspit of all the financial imbalance within the EU. It’s well fooked :nope:

11. Stantona

Stantona Wales Regular

Ratings:
    +278 / 36 / -38
    Because they all know they were duped

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Mare Mare x 1

12. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Fuck off Dave.

Ratings:
    +7,288 / 323 / -39
    Go and play son, the grown ups are talking.

• Funny Funny x 2

13. Crowbar Johnny

Crowbar Johnny Player of the Month

Ratings:
    +280 / 10 / -6
    All this duped shit the same can be said of my folks in the seventies they voted for a common market not for brussels to be telling us who we can and cant deport. (the hook geezer comes to mind) so they all chat bollox.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1

14. lardy

lardy pelanty taker

Ratings:
    +1,626 / 38 / -6
    To be fair to your parents, that changed gradually over decades rather than the morning after the vote. (not that I completely agree that Brussels tells us who we can and can't deport)

15. Crowbar Johnny

Crowbar Johnny Player of the Month

Ratings:
    +280 / 10 / -6
    I believe Hookie had to be referred to the european supreme court before we kicked the [email protected] out.
    The changes that came about after the seventies never come back to the people to vote.

16. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Fuck off Dave.

Ratings:
    +7,288 / 323 / -39
    Which is probably why a lot of the older generation voted to leave.

They’ve spent the past 40 years slowly taking more and more control over our country which was never agreed originally.

Shame on all those people over the last few decades that have allowed us to get to a point where the EU now has so much control that they can effectively block democracy when a country decides not to be a part of their club any more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

17. Eat Y'self Fitter

Ratings:
    +5,150 / 233 / -37
    Where are the EU blocking democracy?

18. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +15,717 / 1,100 / -149
    Deblockracy.

19. lardy

lardy pelanty taker

Ratings:
    +1,626 / 38 / -6
    Changed gradually with Britain fully involved and agreeing with just about everything.

We can also add that over those 40 years we've gone from the three day week to one of the biggest economies in the world.

20. lardy

lardy pelanty taker

Ratings:
    +1,626 / 38 / -6
    We could have prosecuted him under our own laws years previously. But we didn't.