1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dogs

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Glos Blue, 18 Aug 2019.

1. Jamieccfc

Jamieccfc Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐 I ❤ NEIL HARRIS

Ratings:
    +11,145 / 287 / -51

Big poppa trending on twitter

2. stantys tattoos

stantys tattoos never sober
    💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ ~LMS Belarus~ 😈 Prince of Darkness 😈 🏁🏁🏁 50 PAGER 🏁🏁🏁 🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺

Ratings:
    +32,823 / 663 / -64
    big poopa more like i bet he can shit

• Funny Funny x 2
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  3. Jamieccfc

Jamieccfc Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐 I ❤ NEIL HARRIS

Ratings:
    +11,145 / 287 / -51
    He’s stunning though

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ 🏃🏃🏃 500 PAGER 🏃🏃🏃 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +61,270 / 2,062 / -249
    Bruno enjoying the garden today

[​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 7
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  5. Mrs Steve R

Mrs Steve R Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ 🔟 PICKEM 10/10 🔟

Ratings:
    +18,378 / 1,172 / -72
    He looks quite big there already.

6. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +61,270 / 2,062 / -249
    He's growing so fast it's mad. It was only a couple of weeks ago I was looking at him next to the cat and thinking, "blimey, he's almost as big as the cat" now he's way taller than the cat and about 5 times heavier.

Took him to the vet for his first injections and microchip yesterday and he weighed in at 10 kilos.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mrs Steve R

Ratings:
    +18,378 / 1,172 / -72
    He's going to be pretty big when he's fully grown then, the bigger the dog the bigger the poo too :hehe:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +61,270 / 2,062 / -249
    Yeah, I've picked up enough dog shit to last me till doomsday these past few weeks. :hehe:

We've got a patch of astroturf on top of a tray thing we got off Amazon and he's been going on that from the beginning but recently has developed a weird habit of pooing on the bathroom floor for some reason. I've tried shouting at him, rapping his snout, rubbing his nose in it but he just doesn't seem to get the message.

It's weird because he's been such a fast learner about everything else.

9. Knees up Brian Clark

Knees up Brian Clark Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +4,772 / 75 / -11
    I wouldn’t rub his nose in it,he might get a taste for it and start eating his own shit,there again you won’t have to pick it up then:hehe:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Mrs Steve R

Ratings:
    +18,378 / 1,172 / -72
    Weird, is the loo in the bathroom or separate? maybe a smell or something he's attracted to? :shrug2:

Who knows why animals do some things, every time I put my hoover on Rudy decides it's bath time and splashes water all over the place while I'm doing it :shrug2: it's like she's washing the noise away:hehe:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +61,270 / 2,062 / -249
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. Glos Blue

Glos Blue Wales. Masturbation. Farming. In that order!
    💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🏆 GOLD 🏆 😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐 PICKEM 17/18 - 3rd Place

Ratings:
    +11,753 / 146 / -28
    Looks a bit more GSD in that pic.
    Don’t do any of those because he’ll associate shitting in the bathroom with getting attention, even if it is negative (a bit like when Nuge goes all attention whore on here). I used to do that with my first GSD and he just got worse and did it more often.

Your best bet is to just put him outside whenever he has an accident and give him a treat and shit loads of fuss when he craps outside. He’ll soon get the hang of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
  13. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +61,270 / 2,062 / -249
    [​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +61,270 / 2,062 / -249
    The thing is, lets say he takes a shit indoors and I don't notice it for a while, then I find the shit, go get the dog and put him outside.

The dog has already forgotten about the indoor shit he took and won't associate him being put outside with the indoor shit, plus since he's already done the shit it's unlikely he'll do another one.

He'll have no idea that shitting indoors is wrong unless told, will he?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Mrs Steve R

Ratings:
    +18,378 / 1,172 / -72
    So what are we out here for then? :hehe:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Woody

Woody Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +4,781 / 48 / -10
    Now we’re out of the 24-hour observation period, I feel that I can share my Easter Egg story in a bit more detail...

Being first-time dog owners is definitely a steep learning curve and I’d like to think we’ve been super attentive to Mabel in the three weeks we’ve had her. That’s obviously been a bit easier in the current circumstances, with everyone at home.

I did feel, a couple of weeks in, that my life had become a 2-hr cycle of taking the dog to the khazi, half an hour of encouraging her to eat/bite one of the very many things bought especially for her, as opposed to rocks, lumps of mud, furniture, flowers, charger cables etc etc, then an hour or so of stepping over her in whichever doorway she’d settled down in, before starting the whole thing again.

Now she’s explored everywhere, she’s a bit more selective about what she’s chewing, and I’ve probably relaxed a bit, and apart from excessive play-biting I was feeling more on top of things. She had her second jabs last week so as of Wednesday we can start taking her for proper walks, which I think will help.

Anyway... Thursday night, we’d settled in the living room watching some telly, and Mabel just would not stop trying to bite everyone. She’s only playing, but no amount of giving her a chew toy and rewarding her for using it would stop her coming back to grab hold of someone’s arm or leg. So, I did what you’re supposed to do, according to the books, and took her out of the room. Bitey game over.

Fast forward half an hour, dog’s been quiet in the kitchen so I assume she’s gone to sleep. I go in to top up my wine. There she is in her bed, with the foil wrapping from an Easter egg hanging out of her mouth.

Assuming she’d just got hold of the foil, I took what I could of it off her. My son comes in and cries “my Easter egg’s gone!’ This was the big hollow egg out of a Creme Egg Easter egg. He starts going absolutely spare, thinking he’s killed the dog - one of the many things we’ve learned that dogs shouldn’t eat is chocolate.

While Sam is panicking, Mabel’s buggered off somewhere so I search the area around her bed for any trace of chocolate. There is not a single bloody morsel of the stuff to be found anywhere in the bed or around it. Now, I am a 48 year old human and I can’t eat one of those eggs without getting bits of chocolate everywhere, yet this 10 week old dog has somehow got the bag it was in off a door handle, got the egg out of the box and devoured every last remnant of chocolate, without any hands. And there was no sign of chocolate on her anywhere.

I’m only partly ashamed at this stage that I thought my daughter had eaten it and left the wrapper behind. She does have a bit of form for nicking Sam’s sweets. But, she was adamant of her innocence and visibly worried about the dog. So the only verdict available was that the chocolate was in the dog.

So while Sam’s running round the house beside himself, I got the box and worked out how much she’d had (precisely 100g) and got online to see what we should do, while the wife called her friend who’s a vet. The advice from both avenues that the amount of chocolate, and the fact it was only milk chocolate, meant that any effects should be “mild to moderate”, meaning we just needed to monitor things for 24 hours in case of any odd behaviour, seizures etc.

This led to me being up all night on a Mabel vigil. She seemed OK - she ate as normal, but drank about 10 times what she normally does and was presumably off her tits on sugar as she didn’t get much proper sleep all night - every time I checked on her her little head popped up.

My wife took over on Friday morning and other than one dump outside full of tinfoil and one gargantuan, but thankfully solid, pile on the living room floor, and obvious over-tiredness, the dog seems OK.

Moral of the story: ensure your kids don’t take three fucking weeks to eat their Easter eggs.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Wave_Maker

Wave_Maker Ballon d'Or Winner
    💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲 WEED CLUB 🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺

Ratings:
    +4,682 / 76 / -29
    Long term effects of giving dogs chocolate is horrible. My fuckwit of an old man, used to give the dog I grew up with, chocolate biscuits (meant for humans) on a daily basis, plus, chocolate drops (supposedly animal-friendly ones). The poor dog suffered no end of seizures in later life. Her last day, she apparently had over 20 seizures in one morning and was put to sleep by the vet straight away, with my old man being scolded by the vet for even giving the dog chocolate drops. To see a dog come around from a seizure and it being so scared is heartbreaking

Fucks me off that I still see chocolate drops for sale in all the pet shops, and I often tell them they're kents for selling them.

Please keep all chocolate well out of reach of dogs. The consequences leave torturous images etched on the brain for a lifetime, if you go down the same route we went down.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  18. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +61,270 / 2,062 / -249
    That's one heck of a story :hehe:

My pup is biting the girls and just won't listen to them when they tell him off, I get get called in to do the telling off because he listens to the big bad scary man :hehe: He doesn't bite hard but obviously the ladies don't like that sort of thing.

The little bugger chewed through the lead on the missus Fitbit charger yesterday as well. Plus the cat has had to get used to finding his bowl on high surfaces, the dog seems to like cat biscuits more than his own for some reason.

19. Knees up Brian Clark

Knees up Brian Clark Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +4,772 / 75 / -11
    Great advice :thumbup:

20. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +61,270 / 2,062 / -249

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1