1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elderly are they vulnerable

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Knees up Brian Clark, 12 Jul 2019.

1. Knees up Brian Clark

Knees up Brian Clark First Team Debut

Ratings:
    +102 / 9 / -4
    or just plain greedy,getting scammed left right and centre but is it greed that is fuelling this epidemic ?

2. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Vote Lecter.
    🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +14,589 / 496 / -74
    Just a bit thick imo.

Apart from the ones who send money to their new internet 'boyfriends' - they're thick and ugly.

• Funny Funny x 5
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  3. Nid Dave

Nid Dave Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +3,313 / 170 / -66
    no more so than the gullible under 50's

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  4. Nid Dave

Ratings:
    +3,313 / 170 / -66
    IGNORANCE

5. Woody

Woody Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +2,503 / 30 / -6
    Working from home, I get the benefit of always being in when Indian "George" calls from the "Microsoft" helpdesk to tell me my computer is infested with viruses and that I should log on to some shonky site so he can fix it/steal all my money.

Does my head in. It's easy enough to just hang up, obvs, but you just know they're waiting till they get some old codger on the phone who doesn't know any different. Fucking scumbags.

On occasions, when I've not been busy, I have baited a few. The reaction is brilliant when they realise. There's nothing quite like a screaming man in a Mumbai call centre hurling every obscenity under the sun at you.

• Funny Funny x 7
  6. Whitts Left Peg

Whitts Left Peg Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +5,533 / 273 / -42
    I think loneliness plays a part. Probably havent talked to anyone for days.

I remember some cunt from Scotland scammed my Grandfather in his later years. He met her down by Cyfartha Castle when she was visiting, struck up a conversation with her and she asked for his details to "stay in touch". They had a phone relationship for a while and then she started giving him sob stories and he was transferring her money.

He probably thought he was going to get his end away one last time as my nan had been dead 20 years previous but he ended up a couple of grand out of pocket before my auntie realised what was going on.

Would have been cheaper to have gone to a brass.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +32,557 / 1,541 / -207
    Yeah, they get surprisingly sweary when you've just wasted 30 minutes of their day :hehe:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mad Al

Mad Al Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +18,080 / 146 / -17
    Best do what my mate mental Mike does when the Indian scammers ring. He's got a recording of that Liam Neeson thing, the one that goes "I've a special set of skills, I will find you and I will kill you".

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Vote Lecter.
    🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +14,589 / 496 / -74
    They do indeed.

I used to get them a few years back. Every bastard day they'd phone and I used to hang up. One day I decided to play along. Kept him going for about 40 minutes pretending to be a bit dull with computers (not the hardest of tasks admittedly). Eventually even scamming Gandhi realised I was just dicking about and started giving me verbals. I gave him a bit back and hung up. I must have really pissed this guy off because as I was walking away the phone rung again. As soon as I answered it, he started ranting about me being a dirty white bastard, having a sexy with my wife and numerous other stuff that I barely heard through my laughter.
    Not sure if its politically correct to say so but all I could think of when he was ranting was one of those sitcoms from the 70's/80's with the exaggerated indian accent. I'm pretty sure Dave (aka Imran) was shaking his head from side to side too.

Disappointingly, he never rung back again.

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. stantys tattoos

stantys tattoos Ballon d'Or Winner
    😈 Prince of Darkness 😈 🗐🗐 20 PAGER 🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +4,541 / 131 / -24
    when i do answer the house phone i normally talk back in the same accent they are speaking. blows their head

11. Nid Dave

Ratings:
    +3,313 / 170 / -66
    47 minutes is my record. I tell them I'm retired and lonely and like to chat but the quickest they hang up is about 20 minutes. I love the insurance scams best. Oh yes I was in an accident last year, broke my leg. Oh no I wasn't driving it was my brother. It was the other parties fault and I got a payout of £25K. My Brother's not available but maybe I can help. What car was he driving, I don't know, he's a car dealer and drives whatever car takes his fancy and so on. I love it.

I occasionally call them a rascal whore and remind them of their Karma.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Top Tune Top Tune x 1
  12. Malarkey

Malarkey Ballon d'Or Winner
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐

Ratings:
    +3,340 / 40 / -20
    I just start quoting the Welsh national anthem at them. Spins their brains:hehe:

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Hilly ap Willie

Hilly ap Willie Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 30 / -3
    I saw the story yesterday about Anthea Turner’s sister and her husband. What a pair of greedy gullible bellends they are. spunked away everything they’ve earned as celebs and more, by borrowing off everyone, ending up homeless yet kept their kids in private schools (2) and say they would do it all again and their friends/family that lent them money are nasty asking for it back!!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  14. Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 👥 GTAM WINNER 👥 📞 Cardiff City Master 📞

Ratings:
    +7,160 / 164 / -41
    Anthea Turner's sister and her husband were celebs???

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Hilly ap Willie

Hilly ap Willie Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 30 / -3
    He was on minder and east Enders and she’s been on the telly apparently. In today’s world that makes them celebs. But the other part of it makes them gullible greedy pricks :thumbup: