1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FA confirm season over for leagues below National League level with results expunged

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Colonel Cardiffi, 26 Mar 2020.

1. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⭐⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐⭐ 💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🏆 GOLD 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ 🗐🗐🗐🗐 200 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐🗐 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +55,637 / 1,969 / -246
    Coronavirus: FA confirm season over for leagues below National League level with results expunged
    The decision, which includes women's football beneath Championship level, means there will be no promotion or relegation in these divisions

The FA have confirmed that the 2019/20 season for all leagues below National League level is over due to the coronavirus pandemic.

All results are expunged, meaning there will be no promotion or relegation from Step 3 downwards.

The decision also covers women’s football below the Women’s Super League (WSL) and Championship level.

The FA also confirmed discussions will continue to find a resolution “as quickly as possible” for the National League, National League North and South, WSL and Women’s Championship.

A statement read: “The NLS and the women’s football pyramid were able to build a consensus amongst their leagues and, where possible, aimed to create a consistent approach across all leagues, whilst taking into account the unique characteristics of each individual league.

“As a result, The FA and NLS steps three to six have reached a consensus that their 2019-20 season will now be brought to an end, and all results will be expunged. This will mean no promotion or relegation of clubs between NLS steps three to six, and no promotion to NLS step two.”

“These are challenging circumstances for English football and all decisions taken are in the best interests of the game.

“Our primary concern will always be for the safety and welfare of clubs, players, staff, officials, volunteers and supporters during this unprecedented time.

“Today’s steps take into account the financial impact during this uncertain period, whilst considering the fairest method on how the sporting outcomes for the season will be decided, with the integrity of the leagues in mind.”

The move will prove especially tough to take for Vauxhall Motors, who had already secured promotion to the Northern Premier League Division One West (Level 8 in the English football pyramid).

The club announced on Twitter: “Despite earning promotion with seven games left to spare, this season has been classified as null and void!”

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  2. bluethrough

bluethrough Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +16,292 / 208 / -15
    They should have just had a mad televised behind closed doors event at Wembley over a few weekends.

Each team sends 7 players as penalty takers and fulfill the fixture list by penalty shootouts. Could clear the fixtures of each league in a day and although far from perfect it would be the same for all teams. All this once the situation eases a bit of course.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mushy Peas

Mushy Peas Wales Call Up
    🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +189 / 54 / -21
    Please please please let this apply to all leagues, yes I know we have a chance of play offs but for the scouse kents not to win the league would be absolutely bloody fantastic!:hehe::hehe:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Malarkey

Malarkey Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ I ❤ PATO

Ratings:
    +10,050 / 117 / -30
    Don't forget Leeds:hehe:

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Woody

Woody Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +4,440 / 43 / -9
    Our local village team won 7 of their last 9 and drew the other 2 to reach the promotion spots, so that's a bit of a kick in the balls for them.

• Good Football Post Good Football Post x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  6. Mushy Peas

Mushy Peas Wales Call Up
    🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +189 / 54 / -21
    How could I have forgotten Leeds, but I, and millions more would settle for the ultimate plastics to be denied:hehe:oh please make it happen.....:club:

7. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Ballon d'Or Winner
    ⭐⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD 🏆 🏃🏃🏃 600 PAGER 🏃🏃🏃 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ I ❤ NEIL HARRIS

Ratings:
    +46,914 / 423 / -45
    I’ll be surprised if the games will be played, I hope they don’t gift anyone promotion or relegation, the season must be declared void.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  8. lardy

lardy pelanty taker
    ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ Fantasy Football 18/19

Ratings:
    +4,864 / 102 / -13
    It's easier to do at the bottom rungs than higher up. All the contracts, sponsorship, bonus, what not. I wonder what the full effects of voiding the PL would be.

9. bluethrough

bluethrough Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +16,292 / 208 / -15

Collapse of sky and back to Soccer Sunday

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  10. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Ballon d'Or Winner
    ⭐⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD 🏆 🏃🏃🏃 600 PAGER 🏃🏃🏃 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ I ❤ NEIL HARRIS

Ratings:
    +46,914 / 423 / -45
    A lot of hilarity regarding LFC