1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gavin Whyte’s signed boots?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Glos Blue, 8 Nov 2019.

1. Glos Blue

Glos Blue Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐 👥 Warnock Out Brigade 👥 PICKEM 17/18 - 3rd Place

Ratings:
    +6,081 / 100 / -20
    Anyone want to buy a pair?

You may have seen the chap auctioning them on the OOCC Facebook page, to raise money for Jessica and Liam aged 11 & 10. They are brother and sister from Scotland who are fighting life limiting conditions. Jessica is now in a hospice and is unlikely to survive much into the new year, Liam isn’t expected to live very long after that.

I won the boots with the highest bid but it’s not really my thing. So I want to sell them on and any money I raise, I will also donate to Jessica and Liam to help give them one last memorable Christmas together.

I have got to know the chap who set up the auction since winning. He is one of life’s good guys; tirelessly fundraising for the kids while his wife is undergoing cancer treatment and his brother is also in hospice with little time left. He really is a top bloke.

Anyway, Jessica and Liam are football crazy so I’d also like to send them some City memorabilia. I’m sure the good people of the OOCC won’t let me down.

So, anyone want Whyte’s boots? Any offers gratefully received, no minimum limit.

Anyone have a old city memorabilia they don’t want / need that can be sent to the kids?

Also, any goodwill messages to the kids that I can pass on to hopefully lift their spirits a bit? Regardless of what team you support, it’s for things like this that football comes together.

• Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ~LAST MAN STANDING~ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🏁🏁🏁 50 PAGER 🏁🏁🏁

Ratings:
    +43,586 / 1,795 / -227
    This was the Facebook thread in question, @Glos Blue came in immediately with an incredibly generous bid of £200 that went unbested, the guy who organised the auction was beside himself with gratitude to GlosBlue and rightly so, this is what earned Glos his "Forum Legend" banner :aya::thumbup:

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  3. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +43,586 / 1,795 / -227
    Nice of Gavin Whyte himself to chime in on the comments of this post.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  4. Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 👥 GTAM WINNER 👥 📞 Cardiff City Master 📞 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +9,329 / 227 / -57
    That story breaks my heart. How does anyone live through their kids being terminally ill before 12 along with their Mrs having cancer at the same time.

Absolutely tragic.

Well done to Gavin Whyte and @Glos Blue

Restores my faith in humans a bit does that.

Is there a link just to donate to the family at all?

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +43,586 / 1,795 / -227
    That's bloody nice of you Arf, I'm sure if you respond to Stuart on the Facebook post I posted in this thread he'll be more than happy to sort that out I'm sure :thumbup:

6. Nugent

Nugent Tory Bastard
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ PICKEM 17/18 - 2nd Place 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐 "Most Normal Person"

Ratings:
    +15,041 / 2,100 / -687
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1