Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by TDA, 9 Oct 2018.
I'm grateful for the company anyway. It can get lonely here .....
Stumped on this.
Thought it was Kenny, but he scored some crackers for us....
Re my last cryptic clue: the 'falling from your eyes' bit was to both mislead and encourage. It was 'scales' that was was the clue. A mode is a type of musical scale. I was going to give Mixolydian as the third clue but that would have been a give-away. That is, of course, a variety of rabbit.
So the answer was "Mode"?
You are correct with Miller, by the way. He may have scored a few, but he had many horrible misses ...... one in particular
Have another go, but try to keep it more straightforward, maybe ....
And where's the fun in that!
Here we go:
In the Lee of the Lea
Mrs SR - she's so respectable
Stratford? Tottenham? Bow?
Are you referring to the last minute League Cup miss from six yards that still haunts my dreams?
I didn't want to stir up any bad memories ......
Would you care to elaborate?
1. River Lea flows through Clapton
2. Song by The Yardbirds including Slowhand.
3. Planet Clapton in the asteroid belt.
There you are - nice and simple!
Several of my ancestors lived at Clapton and near the Lea.
1. Oxfordshire village
2. Sterilising solution.
3. Last player to represent England at both football and cricket.
Correct. Do you want to have a go?
1. Wheel clamp
2. 5,280 feet above sea level
3. Wished he'd taken the country road home
Good man. I'm glad someone else looks at this thread.
1. Denver Boot
2. Denver, Colorado, the Mile High City, is exactly that above sea level.
2. John Denver
1. A person from the north
2. To go free unpunished
3. A young Cardiff City coach