1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to watch Cardiff City games on Cardiff City Player

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Eat Y'self Fitter, 19 Jun 2020.

1. Eat Y'self Fitter

Eat Y'self Fitter ⭐ Top Twelve Poster ⭐
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place

Ratings:
    +19,963 / 668 / -88
    If you're not a season ticket holder

If you're not a season ticket holder then you will not be able to access the games that are being broadcast live on Sky. The subscription packages available via Cardiff - https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/packages only list Live Audio. I believe that games will be available to live stream individually. As the Leeds game is on Sky there's nothing available for that but If you've not already done so create a Bluebirds Account to make sure you get informed of any games available on a Pay Per View basis.

If you are a season ticket holder

You should have received refund options from the club, if you've not done so respond to this email by clicking on the link in the email. You can only watch the games online if you opt for the donation to the academy or credit on your next season ticket. If you opt for a cash refund you lose your status as a season ticket holder.
    If you've not done this yet then...

How do I request my streaming code?

1. Log onto the homepage of the club website www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk

2. Hover your Mouse/arrow over Ticket at the top of the page and click on it.

3. Your name should come up and then you can log into your account using either your email and password you set the account up with, or if you have changed the details since the one that is current.

4. once you are into your bluebirds account click on your name again at the top. A drop menu should come down and then click on the word my account. It will take you to a window and scroll down to your season ticket which should be on the left hand side of the page.

5. The season ticket is square with your seat details on it etc At the bottom right of the season ticket square there is a small grey outline box with a grey arrow that is running diagonal through the box with the arrow head pointing up. Hover your mouse over this small grey outline box and click anywhere in it and it will take you to another window with your seat details on it

6. This next window the layout will have all your seat details fan ID running across the top of the window in a large white rectangle box. Below the ticket information within the same rectangle box you will see two long thin rectangle blue tabs with different options written on them. "Go To Transactions" on the left tab or "Refund Options" on the right tab. For those Just redeeming their ticket/car park options go straight to "Refund Options" tab hover the mouse anywhere on that tab and click and a large white box will appear on your screen with options on.

7. You will see the following information

I want to request a refund

Read more about your options here (Hyperlink to website with options)

Donate directly to the Cardiff City Academy

Choose return type

Academy Donation Ticket office Credit 20/21

Cash Refund

8. Choose your option, remembering a cash refund will not allow you access to the live games.

At some point after this you'll receive a voucher from the club via email with a link to redeem that voucher, mine took over 48hrs to arrive, hopefully any processed now will be much quicker.

How do I redeem my streaming code?

You will receive a streaming code in an email from the club like this.

chrome-capture (22).jpg

Follow the 'Redeem your code' link in the email then click on 'Redeem Your Voucher Here' then enter your code into the box marked 'Have a Gift Voucher or Discount Code?' and click 'Redeem'.

You should then have access to Cardiff City TV.

How do I watch the games?

Cardiff City TV only works on the Cardiff City App or on a PC browser. It does not work on a mobile browser. If you registered for Cardiff City TV on a PC then you can click on Club TV and then Live and you'll get a test stream like this

chrome-capture (23).png
    If this works then you're good to go. The recommended browsers for streaming Cardiff City TV Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you're having problems viewing the test stream try one of these browsers.

If you're going to be using a mobile or tablet then download the app from the Google play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.tribehive.fli.cardiff) or the iTunes App Store (‎Cardiff City FC - https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/cardiff-city-fc/id1021992485?mt=8).

Log into the app with the same username and password you used to get your streaming code and you'll see a button to Watch and listen live. Click this and you'll get the test stream as above.

When can you watch games?
    All non-televised games (i.e. games not on Sky) are available to watch worldwide. Televised games (on Sky, and televised by international broadcasters) can be watched in the UK by those with a Season Ticket Holder voucher ONLY.

I am signed up to the international video pass. Can I still watch?
    Yes. You will receive all the benefits of your current subscription and your package has
    been extended to cover the late end to the season.

[​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Good Football Post Good Football Post x 2
    #1 Eat Y'self Fitter, 19 Jun 2020 at 09:39
    Last edited by a moderator: 19 Jun 2020
  2. Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe Ballon d'Or Winner
    💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🏆 GOLD 🏆 👥 GTAM WINNER 👥 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +14,436 / 408 / -143
    Thanks for this Fitter. I'm sure this will help countless City fans.

I knew it wasn't straightforward but seeing it written down is enough to make your eyes bleed

:fedup:

• Funny Funny x 3
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  3. Eat Y'self Fitter

Ratings:
    +19,963 / 668 / -88
    Yeah, hopefully if someone's having trouble with one aspect then something in there will help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ 🏃🏃🏃 500 PAGER 🏃🏃🏃 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +64,770 / 2,103 / -249
    Brilliant stuff EYF, good effort :warnock::thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  5. Eat Y'self Fitter

Ratings:
    +19,963 / 668 / -88
    Feel free to edit/add content... I'll try and add more if anything comes up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TDA

TDA fully paid up member of the silent majority
    ⭐⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐⭐ 💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🏆 GOLD 🏆 🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ 🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅

Ratings:
    +14,413 / 446 / -43
    I have just logged on with my International Pass and been told that my Chrome browser doesn't support live stream playback, despite the fact that I have already watched 30 or more games on this laptop.

:homer:

• Interesting Interesting x 3
  7. TDA

⭐⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐⭐ 💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🏆 GOLD 🏆 🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ 🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅

Ratings:
    +14,413 / 446 / -43
    Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 83.0.4103.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

:shrug2:

8. Eat Y'self Fitter

Ratings:
    +19,963 / 668 / -88
    What operating system are you using?

9. TDA

Ratings:
    +14,413 / 446 / -43
    W10

10. Eat Y'self Fitter

Ratings:
    +19,963 / 668 / -88
    That's odd then as I've used Chrome to test the stream on W10 & Linux without any warnings...

11. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +64,770 / 2,103 / -249
    I would've bet good money that you'd be a Linux wanker ffs. Oooh, let me run a shell script to read my emails ffs ooh let me just telnet into my server and run a command so I can reboot ceefax ffs

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Eat Y'self Fitter

Ratings:
    +19,963 / 668 / -88
    Always use the best tool for the job init. My work laptop is linux, my mini pc plugged into the TV is W10.

Having said that, you're mostly correct. :hehe:

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. TDA

Ratings:
    +14,413 / 446 / -43
    I have logged on with MS Edge which I don't normally use and that's fine.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
  14. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +64,770 / 2,103 / -249
    This is the thing with these streams, you never really know how it's going to go until you get stuck into it.

I've been caught out a few times trying to get the stream going last minute only to find some daft little problem is preventing me from watching the game.

It's a good idea they let you test it out beforehand.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. TDA

Ratings:
    +14,413 / 446 / -43
    The club site's all over the place today. It's telling me I am not authorised the watch videos, then that my payment method has expired (it hasn't). Tried to change that to Paypal to see if that unstuck things only to be told that the resource wasn't available. :shrug:

I'm off the cut the lawn.

16. Eat Y'self Fitter

Ratings:
    +19,963 / 668 / -88
    chrome-capture (25).png
    Happening to me now... it was working fine this morning!

That was using Chrome - Firefox isn't even getting as far as telling me it won't work.

Hoepfully they're updating things in preparation for Sunday....

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. philstantsrifle

philstantsrifle First Team Regular

Ratings:
    +240 / 5 / -2
    My lad isn’t linked to me in the friends/family section, and can’t add him because he doesn’t have an email (he’s six!). I’ve contacted the club to fix.

worth calling out because you’ve got until the end of the month to sort it or the cash goes to the academy (which many people might be fine with). I can’t be the only person who’ll be in the same situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +64,770 / 2,103 / -249
    Blimey, I hope they can get this sorted before kick off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe Ballon d'Or Winner
    💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🏆 GOLD 🏆 👥 GTAM WINNER 👥 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +14,436 / 408 / -143
    Oh crikey, imagine if they haven't

:yikes::cry:

20. Eat Y'self Fitter

Ratings:
    +19,963 / 668 / -88
    It's working for me again now. It appeared to load slightly differently & there's no advert so perhaps they've changed the delivery method...

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1