1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it offensive to quote Churchill now?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Colonel Cardiffi, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!

Ratings:
    +14,617 / 1,067 / -143
    This has to win some award for the shittest point ever put forth on the internet.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote

2. Splott Dave

Splott Dave Ballon d'Or Winner
    ***GOLD MEMBER***

Ratings:
    +1,603 / 125 / -95
    You either agree or disagree with the point Colonel. You appear, I may be wrong, have chosen to disagree with a person's right to identify with both the country of their birth and the country of their parents birth.

You appear to be ignoring the reality of what simply hundreds or thousands of people do in this country and have done since their families came here.

• Like Like x 1

3. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!

Ratings:
    +14,617 / 1,067 / -143
    I have no idea what you're talking about to be honest.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote

4. Ainsley Harriott

Ainsley Harriott Give your meat a good ol' rub
    ***GOLD MEMBER***

Ratings:
    +2,790 / 86 / -8
    :popcorn: definitely needed before embarking on a full read of this one...

• Funny Funny x 3

5. TH63

TH63 You are always close to me
    MODERATOR PICKEM World Cup 2nd

Ratings:
    +7,020 / 297 / -94
    At what point have I suggested otherwise?

I was born in Wales, but on my maternal side there is some Irish ancestry, not enough for a passport but enough to have qualified for Jack Charlton’s 1990 World Cup team.

If I exercised my rights and chose to be half welsh/half Irish, some people may wonder why I didn’t feel 100% Welsh, and question if it was all those nasty welsh speakers not making me feel proper Welsh.

I’d like to think that I could explain my feelings without kicking off and accusing them of some form of bias.

But, that’s just me.

• Like Like x 2

6. adz-a32

adz-a32 GRAMMY WINNER
    PICKEM World Cup 3rd

Ratings:
    +1,460 / 248 / -41
    The thing is that I am eligable for a Pakistani passport as well as a British one

Don't get me wrong, I associate more with Britain, I associate more with Cardiff and London than Karachi (tho I got love for all these cities) but I acknowledge and remember my roots and am proud of them. Just because I associate with Pakistan, does not mean I ditch Britain or am not proud to be British :thumbup::wales:

7. Antifa

Antifa Club and Country Superstar

Ratings:
    +883 / 21 / -10
    I class myself as an earthling, well that’s where I was born like init

8. TH63

Ratings:
    +7,020 / 297 / -94
    Well I’m glad to see you’ve calmed down a bit.

I’m also pleased that you are merely recognising and proud of, your heritage.

I suspect however, that for a number of young men from a similar background, because people like tommy Robinson and Nigel farage have helped to cultivate such a toxic atmosphere in this country, that young Asian men are made to feel unwanted and therefore unable to fully integrate into society.

My issue is that if we are going to grow as a society and be truly inclusive, then, whilst not forgetting our own personal history, we all need to feel British and more importantly, on the same side.
    A bit like watching Wales play football, where a city fan and a jack can acknowledge their respective clubs, but ultimately can be united under the Welsh Dragon.

• WRENCH OF SHIT WRENCH OF SHIT x 1

9. adz-a32

adz-a32 GRAMMY WINNER
    PICKEM World Cup 3rd

Ratings:
    +1,460 / 248 / -41
    Yeah. Also some aspects of British culture eg drinking don't help. Especially when it doesn't mix with conservative parts of Asian culture/religion that other people in the community expect us to follow as if it's their business. Personally, I don't mind it. Hell, have you seen me at a party? I'm the one pouring Henny into my mate's glasses :hehe: And my parents know about it, let alone brought me expensive booze as gifts and don't mind me drinking at the dinner table. I even taught em what VS, VSOP, XO means.

But yeah Tommy Robinson etc even give me an unwanted vibe sometimes and they do play divide and rule to get clout

• Like Like x 1

10. TH63

Ratings:
    +7,020 / 297 / -94

Kinda what I was getting at.

Re the drinking, well, I can understand why religious people, irrespective of denomination, would frown upon the antics you see on a Saturday night in town, but by the same token, a British immigrant in Saudi may not like not being able to have a couple of beers, but he’d have to suck it up.

11. adz-a32

adz-a32 GRAMMY WINNER
    PICKEM World Cup 3rd

Ratings:
    +1,460 / 248 / -41
    With drinking, I think they don't mind if it's a native but if another Muslim drinks then they go "gasp haram (forbidden)!"

12. Mad Al

Mad Al Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +3,334 / 30 / -2
    Did you hear about the Glaswegian Muslim with a drink problem? Pishtoot Maheed

• Funny Funny x 4

13. Joecity

Joecity Ballon d'Or Winner
    ***GOLD MEMBER*** PICKEM World Cup 1st

Ratings:
    +8,419 / 113 / -13
    Seems like all you here about lately is Women's rights, Gay rights and Racism. Not to say that these issues aren't important but fuck me sometimes you would think Britain is a seething hotbed of racist, sexist, homophobic monsters. It's not.

• Like Like x 6

14. Mad Al

Mad Al Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +3,334 / 30 / -2
    A new chain of female gender reassignment clinics are opening all over the UK. They are called Gashconverters.

• Funny Funny x 5

15. I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS

I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +1,739 / 58 / -2
    :weed: just for you :thumbup:

16. Splott Dave

Splott Dave Ballon d'Or Winner
    ***GOLD MEMBER***

Ratings:
    +1,603 / 125 / -95
    Is it offensive to not only quote Churchill but to publish his earlier articles?
    Here's one from 1920 which slips under the radar, whenever the right-wing eulogises him.

http://www.skrewdriver.net/struggle.html

17. SloopJB

SloopJB Club and Country Superstar
    ***GOLD MEMBER***

Ratings:
    +239 / 3 / -0
    :hehe::hehe: