1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January Signings

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Tomos Ayres, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Tomos Ayres

Tomos Ayres CCFC HOME & AWAY

Ratings:
    +27 / 9 / -1
    Here are a few players I think we could sign in the January transfer window:
    Benteke: this would be a gamble and probably wouldn’t work but he would be desperate for minutes and has experience in the premier league. He also fits our style of play and is an excellent target man.
    Defoe: a player who knows how to score. Defoe saved Sunderland from relegation a few years back and I reckon he could do it again. I don’t think he’d cost much given as he isn’t getting much game time at Bournemouth and because of his age.
    Hernandez: a Premier League winner who knows how to finish. We lack a natural finisher and here’s a perfect example of one. He did consider leaving West Ham last January and I reckon we could get him for cheap if we make an offer in January.
    Any other recommendations?

• Interesting Interesting x 1

2. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!

Ratings:
    +17,399 / 1,142 / -161
    Splash out on Ramsey. Got to be done.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote

3. Barry Shitpeas

Barry Shitpeas Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 26 / -5
    I’d love Benteke but given Palace shite goal scoring record surely they’ll want him available when he’s recovered.

I like Defoe but he is 36 and on a cushy number at Bournemouth, playing the odd game here and there. We need a striker that will be a first choice, I’m not sure whether the thought of spending five months playing every game in a potential relegation fight is going to motivate him to come to us.

Hernandez is a good shout and if West Ham are willing to let him go he’d be a great signing.

4. bluethrough

bluethrough Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +3,571 / 42 / -3

Assuming he is for free I just worked out that to cover the £200k wages would only take the 484 members of the board to make a £1790 monthly paypal payment. How proud would you feel when Aaron "OOCC" Ramsey runs out for us.:thumbup:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1

5. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +17,399 / 1,142 / -161
    That's why I'm trying to get us up to 500 members, lighten the load a bit.

• Funny Funny x 5
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote

6. bluethrough

bluethrough Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +3,571 / 42 / -3

That's why you get the big bucks, thinking all the time:thumbup: I would imagine if you could get it down to about say £1500 a month people would be rushing to contribute. just be careful though as you would probably have to pick up the tab if anyone cancelled their paypal dd.

7. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +17,399 / 1,142 / -161
    Hi @Tomos Ayres, I don't know if you already knew this but the other I day I posted on our social media that I'd be giving a Week of Gold Memberhsip to any new members, so I've just applied a Week of Gold to your account :thumbup:

https://onlyonecardiff.city/threads/support-the-forum-3-ways-to-get-a-gold-membership.5129/

Oh and welcome to the forum by the way :aya::warnock: :bluebird:

• Like Like x 1

8. Tomos Ayres

Tomos Ayres CCFC HOME & AWAY

Ratings:
    +27 / 9 / -1

9. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +17,399 / 1,142 / -161

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

10. Colin Wanker

Colin Wanker Club and Country Superstar

Ratings:
    +798 / 41 / -8
    Apparently there is a foreign gooner lined up :warnock:

11. TH63

TH63 You are always close to me
    MODERATOR PICKEM World Cup 2nd

Ratings:
    +8,327 / 340 / -100
    How do you set up a paypal account?

12. TDA

TDA slightly clapped out ninja
    ***GOLD MEMBER***

Ratings:
    +4,976 / 162 / -12
    Neil Warnock has said no about Defoe in the press today. Hernandez is just running into form along with West Ham as a team, so that's a no as well. Anyone new is going to be a gamble from abroad, who would hope to be spotted aboard a sinking PL ship.

13. Martin John

Martin John Youth Squad

Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -5
    Neal Maupay would be the striker I’d go for, although I’m not sure Brentford would sell him for much less than 15 million. Clyne on loan would be brilliant, would give more stability in defence down the right and a different outlet in attack. Ampadu would be nice too, comfortable on the ball and could allow other players to get further up the pitch. Only two prem loans allowed though so if I had to choose one it would Clyne, season changing signing.

• Agree Agree x 1