1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job centre

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Knees up Brian Clark, 13 Jan 2020.

1. Knees up Brian Clark

Knees up Brian Clark Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 41 / -9
    went there today for the first time in my life,they got me to fill in a form for jobseekers telling me that l had no chance of getting it,l said l haven’t come here for a hand out l just want help in finding a job,they asked me what type of work I’d be interested in l said l wanted to go to Africa to look after exotic animals,sadly though they’ve got Prince Harry pencilled in for that appointment

• Funny Funny x 9
  2. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Ballon d'Or Winner
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 🏃🏃🏃 500 PAGER 🏃🏃🏃 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +37,095 / 355 / -40
    If you’ve ever paid tax and NHI then you won’t get Job seekers allowance, :hehe:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  3. Wave_Maker

Wave_Maker Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +1,523 / 22 / -5
    If you genuinely need a job, sign up with agencies. Have never been out of work for more than 2 days unless it's been my own choosing. The last time I went into a job centre, they said they'd pay my NI contributions and that was it. Never went back, and never had to. Agencies are the way to go nowadays, if you need to get your foot in the door anywhere, regardless of age etc :thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Travis Bickle

Ratings:
    +37,095 / 355 / -40
    Stay clear of Hays they’re useless

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  5. PlumberAde

PlumberAde Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❶ 1 YEAR ❶

Ratings:
    +5,195 / 77 / -13
    Last time I went to the Job Centre it was just full of delivering catalog jobs. Was a while ago. As for JSA, I have loads of old school mates who packed school in at 16, are now 43 and haven't worked a day in their lives. One just posted pictures of the new kitchen he just bought and put in, all with a bad back mind.

The benefit system is important, it's helped my folks out when illness struck. But, it fails so many who have paid in, and benefits people who don't. Why did they say you won't get JSA? Is it because you have savings - like they tell you to do. Bastards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Wave_Maker

Wave_Maker Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +1,523 / 22 / -5
    Yep, definitely poor agencies out there. You learn very quickly whether you're wasting your time with one after you've been in a few. Just then a battle between getting work quickly and getting work you're suited to/qualified for, but always easier to find a job once you're in a job for some inexplicable reason

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Knees up Brian Clark

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 41 / -9
    Yes

8. Knees up Brian Clark

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 41 / -9
    Truth is I’m only looking for 10 or 15 hours a week to supplement my private pension

9. PlumberAde

Ratings:
    +5,195 / 77 / -13
    Bastards. Makes me mad that does. They tell you to save, but give you shit interest. Honestly mate, you'd be better off building up a huge debt and then losing your job. Wankers.

Nice to know the taxes you paid all these years, and the National INSURANCE which goes towards welfare isn't there for everyone. Yet, the cunts will send you a letter at the end of every tax year saying "this is where your taxes are going.... welfare". Divide and conquering pricks. Hope you get a job soon mate. Fuck 'em.

10. Knees up Brian Clark

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 41 / -9
    Be honest l got no qualifications in fact when l gave up school l never told them and they never asked

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Knees up Brian Clark

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 41 / -9
    They gave me a list of agency’s

12. PlumberAde

Ratings:
    +5,195 / 77 / -13
    Oh, in that case, you're getting what you deserve. Just kidding. They are complete and utter wankers. Should be points awarded for every £1 you pay to NI or the Taxman. If you then need JSA, they can look and say "Yeah,. you've done 8 aways, you're alright mate". Instead all the fuckers who never get to a game in their lives get first stab on tickets for the big game at Wembley. Twats.

13. Travis Bickle

Ratings:
    +37,095 / 355 / -40
    And when you retire your private pension is taxed along with the government one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. PlumberAde

Ratings:
    +5,195 / 77 / -13
    Have you tried B&Q or some delivering jobs. B&Q tend to employ the more mature people because people trust them more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BLUE TUESDAY

BLUE TUESDAY Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 32 / -5
    And that is fucking disgusting I'm sorry

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 2
  16. PlumberAde

Ratings:
    +5,195 / 77 / -13
    Yes, cunts. They got you all ways. I know about 6 lads from school who have done about 120 hours of work between them in 27 years. And that was community service. Then, in walks a bloke in his 50s/60s - worked every day of his life, has savings because he was told to save for a rainy day, and gets penalised.

My mate used to work at the job centre in Tredegar. People would come in covered in paint etc , and they all knew they were on the fiddle. "Can't do anything about it, even if they are reported" is what he told me. That's 15-20 years ago now mind, would like to think it's different but can't say I expect it will be.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Knees up Brian Clark

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 41 / -9
    I agree with what your saying but I’m not gonna stress over JSA l just thought naively that they could help get you back to work

• Like Like x 1
  18. Knees up Brian Clark

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 41 / -9
    Yes they suggested b and q and screwfix

19. Knees up Brian Clark

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 41 / -9
    63 in my case

20. BLUE TUESDAY

BLUE TUESDAY Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 32 / -5
    Its always the genuine people that get ripped off
    I've noticed that Ade

• Agree Agree x 2