1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinnock

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Crowbar Johnny, 10 Jan 2019.

1. Crowbar Johnny

Crowbar Johnny Club and Country Superstar
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +991 / 32 / -12
    Bollox...us mere mortals didn't call for the referendum, parliament voted to ask the people so they asked us, and the Kinnocks of this world didn't like the outcome, so it's a bit different than voting on something that you would normally vote on for your constituents. the people of Aberavon have made it clear which direction they wan't to go, Stephen Kinnock should respect those voters.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  2. Feedback

Feedback Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +3,760 / 237 / -60
    did every voter in Aberavon vote in the referendum and the election?

3. jon1959

jon1959 Club and Country Superstar

Ratings:
    +1,110 / 22 / -2
    There are 40 Parliamentary constituencies in Wales but only 22 voting districts in the 2016 referendum - so Aberavon is just part of the 'Neath-Port Talbot' district. I don't think it is possible to extract the Aberavon vote.

56.8% voted Leave in Neath-Port Talbot on a 71.5% turnout. So 40.6% of the electorate voted Leave.

In the 2017 general election Kinnock got 68.1% of the vote on a 66.7% turnout. So 45.4% of the electorate voted for him.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  4. Crowbar Johnny

Crowbar Johnny Club and Country Superstar
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +991 / 32 / -12
    That’s the most dumb ass thing I’ve heard all year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  5. Splott Dave

Splott Dave Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +2,531 / 265 / -174
    Come on Jon, you know as well as I do that he was parachuted in there, with no say in the matter from the local CLP. If it was a choice between Banksy's painting on a garage wall and Kinnock, the electorate would have given a landslide victory to the garage.

6. jon1959

jon1959 Club and Country Superstar

Ratings:
    +1,110 / 22 / -2
    Yes I know that and I'm no fan of Stephen Kinnock - he was one of Ruth Smeeth's playacting sidekicks in that rehearsed flounce from the Shami Chakrabarti Report press conference that ended in Marc Wadsworth's expulsion (a scandal).

I am just putting the numbers out there for the posters who want to argue about the extent to which (if at all) Kinnock represents the views of his constituents from 2016 - and how many voted for him (parachuted in or not) a year later when he was obviously opposed to Brexit.

7. Splott Dave

Splott Dave Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +2,531 / 265 / -174
    I can't talk about Ruth Smeeth, for very obvious reasons.
    Wadsworth was set up by the two prominent journalists that were sitting with RS.

8. Vimto

Vimto vile lefty
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +4,700 / 60 / -50
    All 11 days of it!
    Be fair Johnny, whichever way we look at it, there's been plenty of unfathomably dumb stuff flying about, day in day out.

9. Feedback

Feedback Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +3,760 / 237 / -60
    you were the one looking at a correlation between the referendum and the election vote. have a word with yourself

10. TDA

TDA slightly clapped out ninja
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +9,227 / 280 / -28
    Over the years we had written to our local MP (then SNP) on a number of national (UK) issues. His reply was invariably that it wasn't something that his party at Westminter supported, as they really had no interest in anything not Scottish. It was with extreme pleasure that we watched him, along with the other independence fanatics, dumped out of Parliament at the last election.

• Like Like x 1