1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No deal brexit vote. (Weds)

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Nugent, 13 Mar 2019.

1. Joecity

Joecity Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 PICKEM World Cup 1st

Ratings:
    +17,983 / 253 / -62
    I can see them telling us to get fucked myself unless the candidates are willing to serve a full term. I know I would.

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 2
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  2. adz-a32

adz-a32 GRAMMY WINNER
    PICKEM World Cup 3rd

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 344 / -62
    Brexit is the stupidest idea ever.

Thank you Brexiteers for fucking up our country and political system

• Absolutely Spot On x 5
    • Snowflake x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Controversial x 1
    • Mare x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  3. Boo

Boo Club and Country Superstar

Ratings:
    +1,259 / 27 / -3
    Brexit merely highlighted the ineptitude of our political system, or rather the buffoons who purport to represent us. Brexit did not cause it.

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 7
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  4. Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 📞 Cardiff City Master 📞

Ratings:
    +5,812 / 147 / -30
    I truly hope this gives the moribund UK political situation a massive kick up the Arris, and all four countries within the UK gain Independence from each other.

The current system is fucked, and serves absolutely nobody.

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Mare Mare x 1
  5. Nid Dave

Nid Dave Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +2,526 / 131 / -53
    If you're into sado-masochistic stuff I can offer you very competitive terms

6. TH63

TH63 How I wish you were here.
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place PICKEM World Cup 2nd 😈 Prince of Darkness 😈

Ratings:
    +13,245 / 458 / -113
    Spot on.

The English government have shown time and time again, total disdain for Wales. Factor in their complete and utter incompetence and self interest, and surely now, it’s time to cut ourselves off from these clowns and declare independence

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
    • WRENCH OF SHIT WRENCH OF SHIT x 1
  7. TH63

🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place PICKEM World Cup 2nd 😈 Prince of Darkness 😈

Ratings:
    +13,245 / 458 / -113
    Mate, I know you’ve e had other things on your mind lately and can be forgiven for not noticing, but we’ve already got someone in charge who’s acting like a twat.

Well, I say acting.........

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Vote Lecter.

Ratings:
    +11,725 / 439 / -60
    :hehe::hehe::hehe:

• WRENCH OF SHIT WRENCH OF SHIT x 1
  9. stantys tattoos

stantys tattoos Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +1,286 / 40 / -10
    don't care a lot about politics but i'm pretty sure didn't the people of the uk vote to leave europe :shrug2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. lardy

lardy pelanty taker
    Fantasy Football 18/19

Ratings:
    +2,773 / 54 / -8
    They did but since then most people have realised it's not quite as simple as they were told.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. stantys tattoos

stantys tattoos Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +1,286 / 40 / -10
    bugger

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. TH63

Ratings:
    +13,245 / 458 / -113
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Goslow

Goslow Ich bin ein fotze
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +7,232 / 265 / -93
    6332F38D-90E6-4D2A-ABC1-76F797D468AF.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. LordKenwyne

LordKenwyne Club and Country Superstar

Ratings:
    +556 / 23 / -6
    Does anyone understand the below? They're negotiating, but the deal has been rejected.

What purpose do these negotiations have, or does may plan on forcing it through, or having another vote on her deal?

Arlene Foster, the DUP leader, told Sky News, in a clip broadcast a moment ago, that talks on this issue were taking place. She said:

We are in conversations with the government. We’ll keep those conversations going because we want to get a deal ... I think we need to finish those conversations before we decide what we’re going to do.

And Damian Green, the Conservative former first secretary of state, told Sky News that he had heard the DUP were “not far away” from getting the reassurance they needed. Talking about the talks between Cox and the DUP, Green said:

I hear noises that it’s possibly close, that they are not far away from getting what they want.

15. LordKenwyne

LordKenwyne Club and Country Superstar

Ratings:
    +556 / 23 / -6
    Ok I've now been told. She is having another vote on her deal next week. After selling it to the religious zealots and the ERG.

She is going to get this through isnt she.

Oh hang on. I thought she needed to overturn the small majority last night. But it's the big one. Too early for this:coat:

16. lardy

lardy pelanty taker
    Fantasy Football 18/19

Ratings:
    +2,773 / 54 / -8
    Why is the country gone to shit? Oh it's because we have MPs in the government like this idiot.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Eat Y'self Fitter

Eat Y'self Fitter **FORUM PRESIDENT**
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place

Ratings:
    +9,085 / 360 / -51
    :hehe: Look out for the latest street fashion in waders and sowesters. Honestly officer, I'm just off fishing.

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽

Ratings:
    +27,644 / 1,445 / -200

• Funny Funny x 10
  19. Boo

Boo Club and Country Superstar

Ratings:
    +1,259 / 27 / -3
    I just don't buy this argument.

There has for some time been a mind set among many that remainers voted with their heads, with the knowledge and wisdom of what is best for the country whereas leavers were either ignorant, racist or bought a lie and are now regretting the choice.

I voted leave. I knew it was not going to be simple. I know there will be some pain but I still firmly believe its in the best interests of our country in the long run. I would vote the same way again tomorrow should there be the curiously titled "peoples vote".

In my opinion the problem here is...
    a) politicians who say they respect the referendum result but then do everything but deliver it
    b) politicians who openly say they want a second vote when the question to be asked is unclear and the result would either be the same or close the other way, thus solving nothing in terms of divisions
    c) PM May who cannot seem to grasp the basics of how to negotiate fuck all
    d) Corbyn - full stop.
    e) DUP - where do you start?

The EU must be wondering whether to laugh or shake their heads in disbelief. None of this is a reason to stay in their closed shop of a club. It'll only take one country from the economic giants that are Latvia, Cyprus or Malta and the like to stop the Brexit extension anyway, thus showing what a silly system it is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. lardy

lardy pelanty taker
    Fantasy Football 18/19

Ratings:
    +2,773 / 54 / -8
    People were told it would be the easiest deal in history. It could be done the day after article 50 was started. That's obviously not the case.

It's difficult because so much of what we do is tied up with the eu and we have these laws and so on to make everything easier day to day. Something we take for granted.

Yes, Parliament and the government have been useless throughout. That doesn't change the fact that it's a difficult task to actually do.

Also a bit sad to see someone say that Latvia and Cyprus shouldn't have an equal say because they're small, when Wales is a small cog in the united kingdom. By that theory, London can do what it wants with Wales because it's so much bigger economically.