Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Travis Bickle, 19 Feb 2018.
Ely Brewery 1960 after amalgamation with Whitbread
The car park area for the offices and shop staff was to the right, behind the building.
Grass track cycle racing was held in the Castle grounds before Maindy was built late 40’s/ and 50’s
Businesses listed in Queen Street 1966 .Plan amended to remove Lewis' Stationers from corner of Charles Street as it closed down the previous year
Hayes mid 1950's before redevelopment
Oxford pub on left , British Volunteer on right .Central Cinema in between
The door still looks original. None of your replacement plastic rubbish.
1916 Neptune Inn, Caroline St, Cardiff, being used as a recruitment office during the First World War
The National Museum, December 1969 queueing to see the moon rock
Sir Edward Nicholl MP, shipowner and philanthropist, opened a childrens home in Penylan and donated money for a ward at the infirmary. The picture shows children from the charity Nazareth House being entertained at the home of Sir Edward Nicholl. It was famed for having a model railway in the garden. He lived at The Nook on Cefncoed Road
Cardiff Philharmonic Hall opened in 1876 .A music hall for many years before becoming the Pavilion showing silent films. Early sixties it was renamed The Gala and showed 'international films ' (x rated ).Ultimately it became a bingo hall
Before the embarrassing cheap tourist junk shops arrived
Trams in Queen Street
St Mary’s Street
Victoria Park 1960’s