1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Player Ratings Thread - Birmingham (Home)

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Colonel Cardiffi, 2 Nov 2019.

1. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ~LAST MAN STANDING~ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🏁🏁🏁 50 PAGER 🏁🏁🏁

Ratings:
    +43,695 / 1,797 / -227
    Here's how the Bluebirds rated in their 4-2 win over Birmingham City

[​IMG]

Neil Etheridge 7

Made a number of hugely important saves, especially when Birmingham were on top, to keep the Bluebirds in the game.

Lee Peltier 6

Mostly solid but early on the visitors did have some joy down his side early on.

Curtis Nelson 8

What a way to mark your first start, with a goal. The goal gave him a little boost in defence too and he appeared to grow a few inches.

Aden Flint 6

Was made to work by the tricky Birmingham midfielders, but put in a couple of last-ditch blocks to keep the Blues at bay. Good in the opposition box, too.

Joe Bennett 6

Danny Crowley and Fran Villalba exploited the Cardiff City left-hand side on more than one occasion. But was a different beast in the second half.

[​IMG]

Marlon Pack 6

A calming presence on the ball but the stand-in skipper was caught napping with a few breaks past him in midfield.

Joe Ralls 9 (star man)

Scrappy and tenacious when called upon in defence but it was at the other end of the pitch he did the damage with the hat-trick.

[​IMG]

Leandro Bacuna 6

Close to rekindling the form of a few weeks ago. Strong and abrasive in defence and quick and direct in attack.

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing 8

Showed glimpses of his lung-busting runs and physicality once again this week. Brilliant for Ralls' second. Will be an important player moving forward.

Junior Hoilett 7

Had one brilliant effort tipped over the bar and his delivery is probably in the best in this Cardiff City squad. A great display from him.

Danny Ward 3

Had one gilt-edged chance in the each half that he failed to convert and a mindless challenge to get a red card.

SUBS

Omar Bogle (on for Mendez-Laing) 5

Not much to speak of but gave the ball away a couple of times when the pressure was on late on.

Callum Paterson (on for Hoilett) 6

Was used as a target man late on in the piece and tried his best to disrupt the opposition defence.

Sol Bamba (on for Nelson) N/A

Not on long enough to impact the game, but it was great to see him on the pitch nonetheless.

RATINGS PROVIDED BY: The Cardiff ratings as hat-trick hero stars and defender catches eye - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bullish-cardiff-city-player-ratings-17190656

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  2. Lawnmower

Lawnmower Club and Country Superstar
    ❶ 1 YEAR ❶

Ratings:
    +1,320 / 18 / -1
    Pack and Flint deserve more.
    Nelson, did OK but gave the ball away a lot early on and struggled against Jutkiewicz

3. TroggBlue

TroggBlue One Of Colonel’s Multis
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +4,222 / 171 / -34
    Sorry @Colonel Cardiffi been busy since I got back mine will be out before 12 tomorrow :aya:

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  4. stantys tattoos

stantys tattoos never sober
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 🗐🗐 20 PAGER 🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +14,209 / 304 / -40
    cleaning the mess up have you? :hehe:

5. TroggBlue

Ratings:
    +4,222 / 171 / -34
    I had a game today and completely forgot about the dishes I’d left from my chippy last night, scrubbing like a mad cunt I was :hehe:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. TDA

TDA slightly clapped out ninja
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ 🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +11,213 / 348 / -30
    Ah! The motto of the young. Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow.

:nope:

7. TroggBlue

Ratings:
    +4,222 / 171 / -34
    Oh piss off.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. TroggBlue

Ratings:
    +4,222 / 171 / -34
    Well then everyone, a game that practically had everything on offer, here’s the Bluebird’s ratings after our triumph over Birmingham.

Starting XI

Neil Etheridge - 6 - Thought he was at a bit of fault for the first goal but made some decent saves towards the end.

Lee Peltier - 7 - That man chews glass, strong in the tackle some half decent football on display and threatened to knock every bastard out in the middle of the scrap.

Aden Flint - 6 - A much better performance than the derby, looked like he played with purpose.

Curtis Nelson - 6 - Played a very good game, grabbing a goal but he seems to also show a slight bit of pace at the back.

Leandro Bacuna - 6 - Quiet for Bacuna but played some decent passes, wasn’t as strong as I anticipated though.

Joe Ralls - 10 - I obviously have to give Ralls this rating, excluding the goals, Rallsy got himself in great positions and didn’t shirk a tackle, nice passing leading to good buildups and ultimately scoring a well deserved hat trick.

Marlon Pack - 6 - Again a definite improvement from the Jacks and began to look like the Marlon Pack we signed in the summer.

NML - 8 - Fantastic performance from him, like vintage Mendez-Laing, taking players on, squaring the ball, played quality.

Junior Hoilett - 7 - Hoilett also injected fear into the Birmingham defence at time, but was marked well when needed to be.

Danny Ward - 5 - He was playing quite well but it was a really stupid tackle to make and it does make me fear that Warnock won’t be best pleased, some may argue we played better after the sending off.

Subs

Omar Bogle - 4 - Was one of two that was brought on to inject more pace into the game, it worked as he won a pen to seal it for the Bluebirds.

Callum Paterson - 4 - The second player brought on for pace, as always strong in the air, and actually thought he scored before the ref blew up for the penalty.

Sol Bamba - N/A - *No Impact* I will say this, the reception Bamba received after coming on was astonishing, great to see him back and well, hopefully proves that he can play as a starter again.

And that’s my ratings everyone, hope it was a good read, it feels nice to write a positive player ratings again!

Enjoy your day.

• Good Football Post Good Football Post x 2
  9. TDA

TDA slightly clapped out ninja
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ 🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +11,213 / 348 / -30
    And there is the respect thing that Bellamy refers to in the article put up by @steve davies this morning.

10. BlueNugs

BlueNugs Player of the Month

Ratings:
    +249 / 8 / -0
    Jutkiewicz would be a great striker for us.

11. stantys tattoos

stantys tattoos never sober
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 🗐🗐 20 PAGER 🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +14,209 / 304 / -40
    thats what blakey said on radio wales. he said he was more the type of player city need over fritzel

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. TroggBlue

Ratings:
    +4,222 / 171 / -34
    Taking little jabs at me though, “don’t act like you talk to your parents”, “ah common excuse putting something off till tomorrow”