1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Player Ratings Thread - Preston North End (Away)

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by TroggBlue, 27 Jun 2020.

1. TroggBlue

TroggBlue Lecter's Slaves FC Captain
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +5,928 / 225 / -34
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Welcome to today's Player Ratings thread for our away clash against Preston, who seem to be our bogey team away from home, our last victory there coming in shape of a 1-0 win with the legend Peter Whittingham netting early on, that was back in 2011, since then Cardiff haven't registered an away win against Preston.
    Oh boy :hehe:

Ratings will be up as soon as possible when the match finishes. Come on City!
    :aya:

• Like Like x 3
    • Good Football Post Good Football Post x 3
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
    #1 TroggBlue, 27 Jun 2020 at 10:33
    Last edited by a moderator: 27 Jun 2020
  2. Nugent

Nugent Roland Nuggles
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ PICKEM 17/18 - 2nd Place 🏁🏁🏁 50 PAGER 🏁🏁🏁 "Most Normal Person"

Ratings:
    +22,847 / 2,927 / -1,137
    What was the score troggy

3. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ 🏃🏃🏃 500 PAGER 🏃🏃🏃 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +64,771 / 2,103 / -249
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  4. Nugent

Nugent Roland Nuggles
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ PICKEM 17/18 - 2nd Place 🏁🏁🏁 50 PAGER 🏁🏁🏁 "Most Normal Person"

Ratings:
    +22,847 / 2,927 / -1,137
    I was actually looking at them on Ebay yesterday.

And Jurassic park ID badges.

5. TroggBlue

TroggBlue Lecter's Slaves FC Captain
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +5,928 / 225 / -34
    Well we were due that today eh?! What a brilliant 2nd half performance, here's my player ratings for today's win vs Preston

Starting XI
    Alex Smithies - 7 - Very comfortable handling, enough to put players off with positioning today.

Dion Sanderson - 7 - Probably his best performance for us so far, showed vision and composure, I for one hope he stays.

Curtis Nelson - 8 - Another day in the office for Nelson, dominant in the air but my word I shit myself every time he gets the ball at his feet, deals with it though.

Sean Morrison - 8 - Mozz would show much more threat in the opposition box if he wasn't being assaulted all game, as I said with Nelson, he showed composure on the ball.

Joe Bennett - 7 - Few errors in the first half but acted well when sweeping.

Leandro Bacuna - 8 - Shot around the pitch in and he did very well on the ball today, rarely gave the ball away.

Will Vaulks - 7 - A vast improvement from Vaulkswagon today, smashing into every tackle (should've cost us) and he seemed a lot more comfortable today as oppose to his performance against Leeds.

Joe Ralls - 8 - His movement and runs off the ball today was sublime, also a well taken header, am I right in saying he's now one of our top scorers this season? Either way, good show from Rallsy

Junior Hoilett - 7 - Today showed why I think Hoilett shouldn't be a wide player, he's got great ability with his feet (which wins him this rating, he's played well) but he won't outpace a player again at this level.

Albert Adomah - 6 - Cheaply gave the ball away today, despite showing his ability to draw fouls, he wasn't at his best today.

Callum Paterson - 6 - A much as I love Pato I think this is his last game up front, he seems far too isolated and doesn't offer a lot anyhow, 100% a midfielder or even a winger.

Subs Used
    NML - 10 - Over the top rating? I don't think so, all he did when he came on was display pure class with a very well taken goal!

Robert Glatzel - 10 - Over the top rating?... Surely earns a start for the Charlton games, yet again a stunning performance from substitute, I think he deserves a start now. A well taken and composed goal even if it was deflected.

Lee Tomlin - 7 - Despite not playing for too long he played some key passes through today.

Marlon Pack - N/A - *No impact*

And there's your player ratings folks, get involved by giving your own, and even giving feedback on mine.

Thanks for reading. Enjoy your weekend.

:aya::thumbup::oocc:

• Good Football Post Good Football Post x 6
  6. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ 🏃🏃🏃 500 PAGER 🏃🏃🏃 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +64,771 / 2,103 / -249
    WalesOnline's Ratings:

Here's how the Cardiff City players rated in the 3-1 win at Preston.

Alex Smithies 7

Very little to do, for the most. Did what he needed to when called upon but was largely a passenger. Top saves from Scott Sinclair and Andrew Hughes in the second half.

Dion Sanderson 7

A couple of hairy moments for the Wolves loanee. A little sloppy in possession at times but grew into it, lovely assist for Joe Ralls' goal.

Sean Morrison 9 (star man)

If Cardiff are to reach the play-offs at the end of the season, their captain has to keep up this sort of form. Proved colossal once again. Simply unflappable.

Curtis Nelson 8

A top, top display from a player who is quietly earning his stripes in this division. Very good in the air and positionally much improved.

Joe Bennett 6

Tom Barkhuizen enjoyed a very good outing out on the Preston wing and he proved difficult for Bennett to deal with. Also gifted Scott Sinclair a chance with an awful errant pass.

Will Vaulks 8

Sat deep in the midfield three and was awkward and nasty for the Preston forwards. Didn't give them an inch of space.

Leandro Bacuna 7

Offers so much industry and dynamism and probably offered more at both ends of the pitch combined than anyone else.

Joe Ralls 7

Played slightly more advanced but struggled at times to get his foot on the ball. Popped up with a timely goal to set the Bluebirds on their way.

Albert Adomah 7

Gave his opposite number an array of problems but struggled to produce the goods at the end of it at times.

Junior Hoilett 7

Missed a gilt-edged chance when the Bluebirds were 1-0 but ultimately it didn't cost them. Tidy and calm throughout, another solid display.

Callum Paterson 6

Not the sort of game he would have liked, again, having to win headers and chase more lost causes. But stuck to it.

SUBS

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (on for Adomah, 65) 8

A top cameo and staked a claim for a starting spot next week. Looks fit, hungry and raring to go. A top finish to put City 2-1 up.

Robert Glatzel (on for Paterson, 65) 8

I could copy and paste what I said above. He has the bit between his teeth at the moment and is start to look a proper striker at this level.

Lee Tomlin (on for Ralls, 77) 7

A glimpse of his magic once again to produce the assist for Mendez-Laing. He will be desperate to start next time out.

Marlon Pack (on for Hoilett, 90) NA

Wasn't on long enough, but was introduced to shore up the middle of the park late on.

Cardiff City player ratings as Sean Morrison proves colossal again - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-player-ratings-preston-18499253

• Good Football Post Good Football Post x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SloopJB

SloopJB Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +1,151 / 17 / -1
    Bennett was 6 at best. I have not been to impressed with him this season. But results is what matters. Well done city.
    SJB

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Liono

Liono Player of the Month
    ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +235 / 5 / -5
    How they rated Vaulks higher than Bacuna is beyond me. Bacuna is very underrated. Keeps possession, breaks up attacks and has the energy to get up and down the field. Got a decent shot on him too. He was an 8 today. Vaulks a 6 at most.

• Good Football Post Good Football Post x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  9. CCFC_27

CCFC_27 Fuck the Jacks
    ❶ 1 YEAR ❶

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 66 / -8
    He turns his back to the inside and moves closer and closer to the touchline, every time, begging for the winger to go inside of him. His positioning is so poor and seems to be getting worse

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. SloopJB

SloopJB Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +1,151 / 17 / -1
    Also can't wait to get rid of the ball when he has it at his feet. Not comfortable on the ball at all. Body language also not too good either. Some wayward passing in dangerous positions today. Fortunately we got away with it.
    SJB

11. Spanker

Spanker Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 🏅 BEST NEW POSTER 🏅 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +3,515 / 37 / -3
    Yep, never a fan of changing a winning side but might be worth giving Cunningham a go if things don’t improve.

• Good Football Post Good Football Post x 1
  12. stantys tattoos

stantys tattoos never sober
    💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ ~LMS Belarus~ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ 😈 Prince of Darkness 😈 🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺

Ratings:
    +35,948 / 787 / -69
    good work young @TroggBlue :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rydogsccfc

Rydogsccfc Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐 I ❤ LEE TOMLIN

Ratings:
    +5,523 / 383 / -77
    Hes arrogant with the ball at the back and putting us under pressure by passing it straight to an opposite player.

14. stantys tattoos

💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ ~LMS Belarus~ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ 😈 Prince of Darkness 😈 🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺

Ratings:
    +35,948 / 787 / -69
    :wrb:

15. BSP

BSP Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +13,861 / 175 / -26
    Assuming Cunningham is fully fit, it seems he’s behind Brad Smith.

16. Joecity

Joecity Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ PICKEM World Cup 1st ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ 🏅 FUNNIEST POSTER 🏅 🏅 BEST POSTER 🏅

Ratings:
    +43,191 / 578 / -108
    Benno's been poor all year. He's lucky that he hasn't really had any competition or he'd have lost his place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. stantys tattoos

Ratings:
    +35,948 / 787 / -69
    he's no damon searle joe :nqat:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Joecity

🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ PICKEM World Cup 1st ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ 🏅 FUNNIEST POSTER 🏅 🏅 BEST POSTER 🏅

Ratings:
    +43,191 / 578 / -108
    Or Ray Daniel. What a player he was, for 40 minutes.

19. stantys tattoos

Ratings:
    +35,948 / 787 / -69
    a couple of seasons before my time. fast fucker wasn't he? i might of seen him play but can't remember, was he in the mighty lynex team in 1989/90 team?

20. Joecity

Ratings:
    +43,191 / 578 / -108
    Yeah. Skilful he was, could beat a man. Had pace as well. played one year for us and got a move to pompey who were good then. I liked him as a full back.

• Agree Agree x 1