1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selfie in work

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Nugent, 12 Aug 2019.

1. Goslow

Goslow Ich bin ein fotze
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +10,885 / 316 / -146
    Goering wasn't an air wing commander,he commanded the whole Luftwaffe, although he did command the Flying Circus during the First World War.

• Funny Funny x 2
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  2. Joecity

Joecity Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 PICKEM World Cup 1st 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +21,601 / 316 / -74
    I know that David Starkey. He doesn't look like @Nugent either. Stop ruining my jokes.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Snowflake Snowflake x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  3. Joecity

Ratings:
    +21,601 / 316 / -74
    He couldn't command taking a shit by the end with all the morphine. He'd have dick all to add to Lecters thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mad Al

Mad Al Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +22,371 / 177 / -19
    • Funny Funny x 4
  5. PlumberAde

PlumberAde Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +2,775 / 47 / -12
    I was expecting a smaller nose.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  6. PlumberAde

🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +2,775 / 47 / -12
    You went to a grammar school? How old are you? 68?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. adz-a32

adz-a32 GRAMMY WINNER
    PICKEM World Cup 3rd

Ratings:
    +3,137 / 433 / -89
    Yes...

Jokes aside, they still exist in some places, such as Essex

8. PlumberAde

🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +2,775 / 47 / -12
    I've seen some top bods when I drive in Cardiff. Fresher's week is still a goer in the City, providing you don't wear chinos or a tweed jacket, and wait until about 9:30 when the new students are pissed and barely standing, there are rich pickings to be had.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. PlumberAde

🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +2,775 / 47 / -12
    Ah, I come from the Valleys. We can't even spell pretenshus

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Joecity

Ratings:
    +21,601 / 316 / -74
    I find that offensive me.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. adz-a32

adz-a32 GRAMMY WINNER
    PICKEM World Cup 3rd

Ratings:
    +3,137 / 433 / -89
    Pretentious? Some people in Essex can't spell that too

Jokes aside, I think examining at 11 is a tad early. Our sixth form allowed people from other schools to enter provided they had the GCSE grades and there were some smart people from the local comprehensives

• Like Like x 1
  12. adz-a32

adz-a32 GRAMMY WINNER
    PICKEM World Cup 3rd

Ratings:
    +3,137 / 433 / -89
    :noked:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. PlumberAde

🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +2,775 / 47 / -12
    I wasn't joking :hehe:

I don't like seeing kids pigeon holed. No offence to you, I mean you haven't ever been education secretary. It's a British disease, elitism, and it starts in schools and ends in fucking Brexit.

I was in a comp in Ebbw Vale, we used to have mock interviews. Most of us were told to change our accents in an interview if we were going to get anywhere in life. No offence to teachers, but I don't think they have any qualifications in teaching life lessons, most of them enter school at 4, and leave at 65 with a couple of years of uni in the middle.

I'm not knocking any kid who has been, or is in a grammar school. The system is shit. They Tell an 11 year old he's not as good as some of his mates, and then they wonder why he lacks motivation for the rest of his school years? t

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Vote Lecter.

Ratings:
    +15,875 / 536 / -76
    Careers advice in a valleys comp back in the day.....

Boys.

Clever - bank or office.
    Dull - factory or building site.

Girls.

Clever - secretary.
    Dull - hairdresser.

Naughty Kids - young offenders.

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. PlumberAde

🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +2,775 / 47 / -12
    The other thing, league tables. Notice how all the crap schools are in the poor areas? When I grew up, most of my mates had parents that weren't working. Maggie Thatcher had put them on the sick to fiddle her 3 million unemployed figures. What's the point in trying in school when Maggie can put you on the sick?

Then the next lot of bastard Tories come along and attack the people on the sick for costing the country so much money. And, people being people, we all turn on the people on the sick, instead of remembering - hang on, they're on the sick because of stats.

No incentive to study in the valleys. Even the clever kids would get shat on. My best mate got 3 As in his A levels, and we all knew he would do it. Teachers though took the piss when he started asking about Oxford Uni. He went there. Fucker still owes me a tenner.

16. adz-a32

adz-a32 GRAMMY WINNER
    PICKEM World Cup 3rd

Ratings:
    +3,137 / 433 / -89
    I agree. It is harsh for a kid so young to be told that he is not clever enough and to be denied access to some quality teaching. This also extends to extra-curricular. For example, I remember back in years 7-9, I was good at piano, even was offered the chance to learn how to play the organ. But in contrast, a friend who went to a comprehensive was not given proper music lessons at school. And confidence goes both ways, I know some cocky kids who think they are God because they went to grammar school, in contrast some kids lost confidence because of failing the test.

With the accent thing, I change it when going to professional events compared to day to day. It's also lucky that I automatically talk slightly posher and soft-spoken when wearing a suit. It's because it is two different worlds out there - I use the one I grew up with in professional events, but use a more 'MLE' one when I am in East London (even though some elements of Essex/North/Wales stick there apparently). Even recently, I popped into Waitrose, which is opposite the gym, to get some post-workout snacks and welshcakes and found myself being soft spoken to the checkout staff and speaking 'regular English' :hehe:

• Like Like x 1
  17. adz-a32

adz-a32 GRAMMY WINNER
    PICKEM World Cup 3rd

Ratings:
    +3,137 / 433 / -89
    That's crazy

18. PlumberAde

🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +2,775 / 47 / -12
    There was a teacher in a school in the valleys who got a girl to play on his organ. He eventually married her, so that made it alright I guess.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. TH63

TH63 How I wish you were here.
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place PICKEM World Cup 2nd

Ratings:
    +16,311 / 551 / -117
    Cut your finger with your scissors didn’t you?:sherlock:

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Mad Al

Mad Al Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +22,371 / 177 / -19
    Yep they told my mate from Ponty that he was dull and should look for work in the building industry, He now lives in a £700,000 house in the vale, has properties in Spain and Florida and a yacht down Swansea marina. Not bad for a dull cunt.

• Love it! Love it! x 2