1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowgate: Derby County "Did Fiddle It"

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Colonel Cardiffi, 2 Jun 2020.

1. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ 🏃🏃🏃 500 PAGER 🏃🏃🏃 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +64,970 / 2,104 / -249
    'Did fiddle it' – Neil Warnock makes Gary Rowett claim over Derby County 'Snowgate' fixture

Former Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock reflects on the controversial 2018 fixture that saw Bluebirds supporters call for EFL action to be taken against Derby County

Neil Warnock has claimed that Derby County did “fiddle it” so the 'Snowgate' fixture with Cardiff City back in 2018 was postponed.

The two sides were meant to meet at Pride Park on Sunday, March 18, but the lunchtime kick-off was called off shortly after 8am, when Cardiff fans were already on the road, due to heavy snowfall overnight.

The decision angered the then Bluebirds boss Warnock, who labelled the postponement a "disgrace", suggesting Derby worked to get the game called off because of their injury problems. Then Rams boss Gary Rowett hit back, sarcastically saying: "I didn't realise [Warnock] was qualified in health and safety."

[​IMG]

Derby insisted they followed the guidelines of the Safety Advisory Group but Cardiff chiefs urged the relevant authorities to look into the matter.

The row escalated to such an extent that an online petition emerged asking that the EFL dock points off the Rams, although such a punishment never looked likely.

And now Warnock, reflecting on his time in football management, has claimed that Rowett told him the postponement was a deliberate ploy.

“Well I think if anything probably the last one at Cardiff,” he recalled on Sky Sports, when asked about the best promotions he has achieved.

“We were supposed to be mid-table and we kept surprising people. Everyone kept writing us off and saying Fulham were the team and they were going to do this. It just drove us on.

“We had all the controversy about the snow on the pitch at Derby and then losing that game [Derby won the rearranged fixture 3-1 a month later].

“Incidentally, Gary Rowett has told me since that they did fiddle it as well. So that made me feel better when I heard that from his mouth.

“So we had all those things to put up with and the lads were magnificent.”

SOURCE: Warnock claims Rowett admitted to fiddling 'Snowgate' fixture - https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/did-fiddle-it--neil-4184101

• Good Football Post Good Football Post x 3
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  2. stantys tattoos

stantys tattoos never sober
    💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ ~LMS Belarus~ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ 🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺

Ratings:
    +36,082 / 809 / -69
    • Funny Funny x 3
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  3. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +64,970 / 2,104 / -249
    It was obvious to everyone that Derby had shithoused Cardiff and the fans, obvious to everyone except the EFL who surprise surprise, didn't find them accountable for it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Ballon d'Or Winner
    ⭐⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐⭐ 👌👌👌 1000 PAGER 👌👌👌 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 😈 Prince of Darkness 😈 🏅 LIFETIME
    ACHIEVEMENT 🏅
    I ❤ NEIL HARRIS 👩 Muff Buff 👩

Ratings:
    +64,859 / 517 / -51
    We all knew they fiddled it including sending pictures of snow outside their ground from two weeks before our game. Cheating twats:hehe:

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Spanker

Spanker Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 🏅 BEST NEW POSTER 🏅 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +3,535 / 37 / -3
    Because that would’ve meant they had to do some work for their money.
    No way that’s ever going to happen.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe Ballon d'Or Winner
    💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🏆 GOLD 🏆 👥 GTAM WINNER 👥 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +14,503 / 419 / -143
    Although it might've had a different outcome had it been the other way around!!

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +64,970 / 2,104 / -249
    It's just one thing after another, we get screwed over because they hate us. Just look at the Reading "racist chant" scandal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter 5th Funniest Poster 2020
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 🏃🏃🏃 600 PAGER 🏃🏃🏃 ~LAST MAN STANDING~ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🐉 Sexual Dinosaur 🐉

Ratings:
    +31,892 / 807 / -105
    Not to worry, the dodgy spending will come back and bite them on the arse soon enough.

Admin and relegation within 2 years I reckon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. TroggBlue

TroggBlue Lecter's Slaves FC Captain
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +5,948 / 225 / -34
    When Derby released a tweet about how "staff are unable to attend work because of the weather" an actual member of the staff hit back saying something along the lines of "don't you dare drag us into it, we were all prepared to come in today" it was suspicious too after Neil Etheridge posted a picture outside the ground where there was no snow around the stadium or the surrounding roads and areas. Cheating bastards nearly cost us promotion.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  10. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +64,970 / 2,104 / -249
    The fucking Rams club shop was open when they announced it was too "dangerous" for staff to come in.

Cardiff fans were already half way up there as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Delboyo

Delboyo I love my giphys I do
    ⭐⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ 🏅 MOST OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION 🏅

Ratings:
    +3,362 / 68 / -24
    Its good that Rowett (the cant) and warnock can laugh and joke about it now, it is not as though cardiff fans had to fork out their hard earned cash on travel arrangements (some even stayed in hotels on the Saturday night) and took the effort to book time off work.

Rowett is a prized cock I hope the EFL look into these comments, but I doubt it though as we are just a Welsh club in the English league.

Rowett fair dos you are a cock mun.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
  12. Travis Bickle

⭐⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐⭐ 👌👌👌 1000 PAGER 👌👌👌 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 😈 Prince of Darkness 😈 🏅 LIFETIME
    ACHIEVEMENT 🏅

Ratings:
    +64,859 / 517 / -51
    :nqat:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Travis Bickle

ACHIEVEMENT 🏅

Ratings:
    +64,859 / 517 / -51
    It should happen but I doubt it some how:shrug2:

14. TroggBlue

TroggBlue Lecter's Slaves FC Captain
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +5,948 / 225 / -34
    Yeah it got under our skin, it was worse in Wales than it was over there too, we were skidding off the road at times :hehe: it was just infuriating though when that photo of the area was released and a staff member contradicted everything that Derby said in their statement

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 2
  15. kiffa

kiffa (kippa)
    💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🏁🏁🏁 50 PAGER 🏁🏁🏁

Ratings:
    +12,781 / 376 / -134
    It was a pissing joke and I love seeing Derby lose since that debacle

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +64,970 / 2,104 / -249
    I wonder if the supporters club keep track of all these instances of when we get treated unfairly and if there's any stats on it?