1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So much wrong

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Costa Coffee Crew, 12 Jan 2020.

1. Costa Coffee Crew

Costa Coffee Crew Wales Regular
    ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +611 / 15 / -1
    I, like many others, went to the CCS stadium today, more in hope than expectation.
    Not only that, having gone to the Liberty for the 1st derby this season, I did not have the same level of anticipation and excitement as games v the Jacks in years gone by. That day, we were shown up by our neighbours in almost every respect. On the field, it was clear, that they clearly wanted the game more than we did. And off the field we were outsung by the JB's. It didn't help that it was a shocking performance, it could easily have been 3 or 4 nil.

Today we showed more commitment and, at times played better football. But let's face it we probably played as well as the current squad and management are capable of, and we still did not score a goal.

Swansea play better football and have a much more successful youth and development system than us. That's why they are able to attract some of the best Premier League talent from top clubs ( Brewster started and Guehi was on the bench ) whilst on the same day it was confirmed that we had made a bid for Kiefer Moore. This is a typical Cardiff signing. If we do get him for between 2 and 3 milllion, you can bet your house that it will be the most he will ever be transferred for and in 2 years we will let him go on a free. It's also evidence that, at heart, Harris is a long ball man.

I recently posted that Harris should go and we needed to get Bellamy in. I was slammed. But my post was not a knee jerk reaction to the embarrasment of the QPR defeat. It was about the need to build a new Cardiff way with people who have Cardiff in the hearts and who believe in youth development. Swansea's MOM today was Cabango. He is a Cardiff lad. Along with Rodon and Roberts he is likely to be a mainstay of the Wales side in the coming years. Yet we have nothing in the near pipeline and we have not produced a senior Wales regular for a long time.

I would honestly prefer to spend 3 or 4 years in the Championship building the club with local talent and an attractive playing style, than go hell bent on promotion with journeyman players with no link to our club. Not that the current mob will get us anywhere near the Prem.

There is nobody on the Board who truly understands football. And even our CEO spends little time in the club. For the 1st time in 20 years I am seriously questioning the worth of a season ticket next year. I want a club I can be proud of, not one that is an emabarrasment.

• Good Football Post Good Football Post x 4
  2. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Ballon d'Or Winner
    ⭐⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐⭐ 👌👌👌 1000 PAGER 👌👌👌 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🏅 LIFETIME
    ACHIEVEMENT 🏅
    I ❤ NEIL HARRIS 👩 Muff Buff 👩

Ratings:
    +69,013 / 542 / -51
    There is no way that we deserved or could have lost this game 3 or 4 nil:shrug2:

• Agree Agree x 5
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  3. Costa Coffee Crew

❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +611 / 15 / -1
    I was talking about the 1 derby, not this one. And that was not the main point of my post.

4. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Ballon d'Or Winner
    ⭐⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐⭐ 👌👌👌 1000 PAGER 👌👌👌 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🏅 LIFETIME
    ACHIEVEMENT 🏅
    I ❤ NEIL HARRIS 👩 Muff Buff 👩

Ratings:
    +69,013 / 542 / -51
    At their place :shrug2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  5. BLUE TUESDAY

BLUE TUESDAY Forums Adonis
    💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 ⌚ GOALTIME WINNER ⌚ I ❤ NEIL HARRIS WEED CLUB

Ratings:
    +9,101 / 128 / -9
    Your a barrel of laughs mate :hehe:
    You would of thought we got thumped today
    Our back 5 were great today :thumbup:
    This is going to take 3 or 4 windows

But theres reasons to be optimistic :thumbup:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Costa Coffee Crew

❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +611 / 15 / -1
    And what are those reasons pray?

7. BLUE TUESDAY

Ratings:
    +9,101 / 128 / -9
    I just gave you 5 reasons
    How many more would you like :hehe:
    Have 1 of these :weed: put your feet up

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. Costa Coffee Crew

❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +611 / 15 / -1
    Our back 5 were the 5 good reasons? You're obviously already on it.

9. steve davies

steve davies SCARED OF DANDRUFF
    ⭐⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐⭐ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐🗐 20 PAGER 🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +7,730 / 134 / -29

I was told over xmas by someone high up in the club that Warnock never got one of his intended targets in the last two transfer windows and that the so called transfer committee knocked back a number of his intended signings. I have no reason to doubt the source and it would explain the last minute signings of the likes of pack and flint. Whilst undoubtedly Tan has kept the club from going bust this continuing use of a transfer committee that dosent know the first thing about the playing and coaching side of the game needs to be stopped immediately and we need to bring in an experienced director of football to overhaul the club from top to bottom. The appointing of Harris to me was just another example of trying to do things on the cheap. Never at any stage today did I believe we were going to win the game and the squad looks old and pedestrian and an influx of younger players is needed in the next two windows or we will find ourselves in a relegation fight this time next season.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Good Football Post Good Football Post x 1
  10. BLUE TUESDAY

Ratings:
    +9,101 / 128 / -9
    Errrrr der
    Of course I am :hehe:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. TDA

TDA fully paid up member of the silent majority
    ⭐⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐⭐ 💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🏆 GOLD 🏆 🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ 🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅

Ratings:
    +14,864 / 469 / -43
    I am sure that there are a few on here ready to agree with you and, fair enough, everyone has an opinion.

What I would say is that Neil Harris is new to the job, trying to play to the strengths of the squad he inherited. The quality of that squad has been debated to death already.

We are in the middle of a transfer window and it will be interesting to see what shape the squad is once it closes. As for Keiffer Moore, he has come to prominence playing for Wales, playing what you would hardly call "long ball football".

Give Neil Harris a chance to put his own stamp on the club.

You won't create a youth development culture overnight and probably not in 3 or 4 seasons. The economics of football dictate that a club of Cardiff's size need more immediate success, hence the need to work the transfer and loan market, but, more importantly, the club needs to balance the books, That is the one area where we have made huge strides since VT arrived.

I see people moan about the debt to Vincent Tan, but he owns the club anyway and is converting the debt to equity as and when he is allowed to. On top of that, he continues to make money available. There are no more unknown debtors like Langston, who, in theory, could have had the club wound up.

Yes, we need more football nuance at the top, but even if we just coast through the rest of this season, we are so much better off than when Trollope went and Slade arrived.

We may be doing a step forward and then a step back, but after more than 50 years supporting this lot, I am not unhappy with the shape of the club overall. I certainly don't look enviously in a westerly direction or in any other direction for that matter.

• Like Like x 5
    • Good Football Post Good Football Post x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Costa Coffee Crew

❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +611 / 15 / -1
    I am all for balancing the books. And I am not one of those people who still hold a grudge against Tan. But even now, he knows feck about football. Choo isn't around on a day to day basis to run the club properly - he spends most of his time with HR Owen. I just see nothing to suggest Harris is the man. More imporatntly, he is not influential enough with Tan.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  13. Worse

Worse Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +2,299 / 177 / -207

We have a club the has spent more weeks as a mid-table second tier outfit, over the past forty years, than anything else.

We're comfortable as a mid-table Championship team and over the years the older die hard fans have come to realise that, accept it and enjoy watching whatever is presented to them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. TH63

TH63 How I wish you were here.
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place PICKEM World Cup 2nd

Ratings:
    +32,427 / 927 / -150
    I thought today just highlighted our problems tbh.

Keeper was ok, but didn’t have a lot to do

Defence was ok, solid, but painfully slow.

Arguably our best midfielder is Pack. His passing is appalling and his tackling isn’t much better. No idea how to go forward.

Whyte tried hard but isn’t ready at this level.

Glatzel, well,he tried hard bless him, but useless in the air, had a great chance, but panicked and scuffed his shot about three yards sideways.

Oh how we laughed when the jacks got relegated and lost most of their team.

I’m struggling to think of one of our players, apart from Tomlin, who would walk into their team.

I always want to win, no matter what I’m doing, but right now, I really hope we don’t go up. We’d be humiliated.
    Better to stay where we are, build for the future.
    Look where wolves are ffs, we’re miles away from that level

• Good Football Post Good Football Post x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Costa Coffee Crew

❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +611 / 15 / -1
    It's not our position I am talking about it's the shite we have to put up with and the fact that even though we watch shite local boys still stand no chance of getting into the team.

16. BSP

BSP Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +14,469 / 179 / -28
    The thing that’s frustrating is that clubs that are arguably no bigger than us, such as Burnley, Bournemouth and Brighton have managed to get up and stay up and in the case of Wolves and especially Leicester gone on to another level.

I can’t understand why VT isn’t looking at those clubs and saying, how do we emulate their success, what are they doing that we aren’t?

This club is crying out for someone to take it by the scruff of the neck and fulfil it's potential. But we’re never going to do that until we’re run by people who really know what they’re doing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Worse

Worse Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +2,299 / 177 / -207
    But what is it that you expect? It's no good blaming managers, owners or players. The club simply isn't structured to be sustainably successful. Why would local boys want to play for the city, when if they're talented they'll get snapped up by much better clubs. We put a statue up outside to an event that happened nearly a hundred years ago. We don't have an embarrasment of riches, we just have an embarrassing statue and a trophy room full of dust.

18. Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe Ballon d'Or Winner
    💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🏆 GOLD 🏆 👥 GTAM WINNER 👥 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +14,995 / 436 / -143
    This is the pertinent point for me. I said to the guy next to me during the game, that it feels like we have to be really 'lucky' to score these days, as in a fortuitous bounce, or a refs decision in a good area, otherwise we'll most likely come away from an attack empty handed.

We just don't seem to have it where it matters. Unless Hoillet or Tomlin are absolutely on fire, it's a struggle to get goals.

We had more than enough possession today to have had our share of goalscoring chances but we never REALLY looked dangerous.

Back to your point above - I felt the team played at about maximum level today, at home in decent conditions which I was extremely grateful for and appreciative of, yet we weren't even close to dominating.

The transfer window offers us a chance to improve our modest midtable standing, but I think that is where we will invariably end up.

After Man Utd away last season, I did have feelings that we could rip through this division.

Now I feel I'm comfortable with midtable, provided we have a plan in place for the next 2-3 years that will place us top two and generate the local players that so many others have been crying our for.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. BSP

BSP Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +14,469 / 179 / -28
    “The club isn’t structured to be sustainably successful”

If you don’t blame owners for this, who do you blame?

• Agree Agree x 1