1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sol: We need the fans more than ever

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by TH63, 11 Jan 2019.

1. TH63

TH63 How I wish you were here.
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place PICKEM World Cup 2nd

Ratings:
    +14,078 / 486 / -113
    “It’s a huge game on Saturday,” Sol said about the game. “Obviously, it was good to have a break after a busy period in which we played a lot of matches. Now, we’re going to be ready for the massive game ahead.

“Oh, the fans have got a big part to play. As I said, they’ve been absolutely magnificent so far. We need them even more now. I know that they’ve been very good, but we need them to get us going as well as they ever have.

“We talk to away players after games and they say that coming here is always intimidating and always difficult. That’s down to the way that we play and the crowd. I don’t think the fans realise how important they are and hopefully they can get us over the line again today.”

Read More https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/sol-we-need-the-fans-more-than-ever/

• Good Football Post Good Football Post x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  2. Delboyo

Delboyo Suitcase for hire
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +1,283 / 32 / -14
    If the CCS is intimitating, it is a good job we still dont play at NP as the mighty Leeds and Man City found out.

3. TDA

TDA slightly clapped out ninja
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲

Ratings:
    +7,920 / 250 / -26
    I would love to see us enjoy enough success to make enlarging the ground to 40,000+ a realistic proposition. I have been lucky enough to have been in the biggest crowds City enjoyed at NP from 1965 onwards and the atmosphere from the huge support always was something special.

:bluebird:

• Like Like x 2
  4. TH63

TH63 How I wish you were here.
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place PICKEM World Cup 2nd

Ratings:
    +14,078 / 486 / -113
    I was there when we had 30,000 for Hereford

• Agree Agree x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  5. Ainsley Harriott

Ainsley Harriott Give your meat a good ol' rub
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +5,217 / 143 / -14
    I'd say staying up this season would be enough for big Vinnie to jump the gun & expand either the Canton or Family stand to add a few thousand more...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TDA

Ratings:
    +7,920 / 250 / -26
    I read recently that the next phase would be to expand the two ends to bring the capacity up to 38,000. I suppose the hospitality areas are a major consideration to developing the stand opposite the Ninian Stand, but which I think, would be a more balanced approach.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ainsley Harriott

Ainsley Harriott Give your meat a good ol' rub
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +5,217 / 143 / -14
    The Ninian, Canton & Grange end were all originally built with expansion in mind (a massive gap between row JJ, and the back wall of the stadium meant we could add extra rows all around), but with the Ninian we ditched that to build much much bigger.

The Canton & Grange end still have major space between the back row of the stands and the outer wall of the stadium. Easy to do, probably adding 2,500 to each end.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  8. TDA

Ratings:
    +7,920 / 250 / -26
    That would be the 5,000 difference...:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lawnmower

Lawnmower Club and Country Superstar
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +955 / 13 / -1
    Need the fans to fill it first.

In order to do that we have to stay in the top division for a fair few years yet

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1