1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Met Policing London

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Joecity, 1 Nov 2019.

1. Joecity

Joecity Doesn't go into details
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ PICKEM World Cup 1st 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +29,219 / 450 / -88
    Any body watch this?

My conclusion is that London is one tremendous shit hole...With no social fabric.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  2. Steve R

Steve R Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +17,643 / 636 / -79
    Just watched it now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 👥 GTAM WINNER 👥 📞 Cardiff City Master 📞 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +9,357 / 228 / -58
    I wholeheartedly agree with your 2nd line, but if you convince them it's brilliant enough they should all stay there.

Not sure about your first line though. What's the programme and what channel?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  4. Joecity

Ratings:
    +29,219 / 450 / -88
    On BBCI player..5 episodes so far..A shit hole hole with no moral compass and utterly lacking in any sort of cohesion.

5. Spearsy

Spearsy Centre circle ref
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❶ 1 YEAR ❶

Ratings:
    +198 / 11 / -1
    I haven’t watched it but living there I can say there is a massive gang problem in certain areas and drugs are everywhere. Some would say policing has gone soft and others will say they are being targeted. One thing is for sure the current strategy could do with an overhaul. Maybe something like the Broken windows theory that Giuliani put in place in NYC in the 90’s.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  6. Malarkey

Malarkey Ballon d'Or Winner
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐

Ratings:
    +6,523 / 75 / -22
    Lived in Hackney for two years, lower Clapton, to be precise! Absolute shithole:nqat:

7. Joecity

Ratings:
    +29,219 / 450 / -88
    I've been to London must be 200 + times but it's changed so much in the last 10 years..Obviously the Londoners on here will have a view. It just looks fucked. Worse than ever. There's lots of good things of course but it's just gone mad.

#7 Joecity, 1 Nov 2019 at 00:54
    Last edited: 1 Nov 2019
  8. Malarkey

Malarkey Ballon d'Or Winner
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐

Ratings:
    +6,523 / 75 / -22
    Just think that London has become nothing more than a "tourist attraction" these days. Pull in the tourists, forget the rest!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Joecity

Ratings:
    +29,219 / 450 / -88
    Just looks like the whole whole world condensed into not a very big area really with astonishing inequality and rampant crime.

10. EclipseRedRing

EclipseRedRing Player of the Month

Ratings:
    +213 / 3 / -0
    I regularly work in Whitechapel, and in Verney Road near the Den in Millwall, and when I return to Cardiff I always feel like I need a good soak in the bath like I am grimy or dirty in some way. Many, not all, of my colleagues there spend hours commuting every day, live with their parents until their mid forties waiting to inherit the family home, and do nothing but complain about London. Yet, somehow they seem to have an attitude that suggests they think that I secretly wished I live in our Nation's capital; maybe I am imagining it. Anyway, central London is a fine place to visit as a tourist sticking to the main attractions, but to choose to live there, and certainly to raise children, for me at least would be a total non starter for many of the reasons described above. Sadly I suspect that what is described therein may be spreading to our other cities.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 👥 GTAM WINNER 👥 📞 Cardiff City Master 📞 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +9,357 / 228 / -58
    I worked for several years on the central London hospitals, including St Thomas' at Westminster and the Royal London at Whitechapel opposite the infamous Blind Beggar pub.

The whole area around the latter was and is a complete dump.

The fact that London is such a shithole has a direct effect on Wales, believe it or not.

Unskilled workers, and lower level public sector staff found that they could retire early by selling their massively inflated, modest 2 up 2 down houses and buy a palatial pad here in beautiful countryside or near the coast.

This hits locals by pushing our house prices up, dilutes the Welsh language in the Welsh heartlands and areas become English retiree ghettos.

This even changes the politics of said areas, as a lot of these then voted for Brexit, ironically as a protest against immigration ffs!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Goslow

Goslow Ich bin ein fotze
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐🗐🗐🗐 200 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +15,366 / 398 / -181
    You need to upgrade your tinfoil, may i suggest Turkey Foil.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Ratings:
    +9,357 / 228 / -58
    Facts are facts I'm afraid, even if you don't like them. I know several people who have done exactly the above

:wave:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Ratings:
    +9,357 / 228 / -58
    I also drive regularly along the old Kent Road (A2) from Kent to the M4 with stops along the way, and it always depresses me.

The trick is to keep them all believing it's absolutely wonderful and we're all very jealous, to stop them swamping us over here (which has already begun unfortunately).

15. Delboyo

Delboyo Suitcase for hire
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❶ 1 YEAR ❶

Ratings:
    +2,099 / 51 / -22
    Makes me laugh when the cockneys says Wales is a 3rd world country.

What a fucking shit hole :hehe:

16. Tantric Socks

Tantric Socks Club and Country Superstar
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 10 / -1
    I live in a village in North Lincs and they've just built a small cul-de-sac of 18 4 bed houses here. I'd say at least half have been bought by southerners. They come in the village pub, all sit together at one end and dont really mingle. Late forties, mortgage free and retired. I,m not knocking them, but proof that it does happen

17. Crowbar Johnny

Crowbar Johnny Club and Country Superstar
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❶ 1 YEAR ❶

Ratings:
    +1,436 / 41 / -19
    I don't watch shit like that Joe, but I would agree with your view but extend it to the UK as a whole.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Forum Rent Boy
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 😈 Prince of Darkness 😈 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +19,308 / 613 / -81
    Has Nugent been on yet to blame the ni......errr brown people.

19. razzle_ncafc

razzle_ncafc Player of the Month

Ratings:
    +482 / 11 / -3
    Could deffo extend this to the entire of the UK. Everywhere looks run down, worn, overcrowded and polluted. Just look at how dirty roadsigns are, litter all over the roadsides too. High crime because theres fuck all to do and work doesn't always pay

You can argue for mass immigration, but feckless breeding has a lot to answer for too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Forum Rent Boy
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 😈 Prince of Darkness 😈 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +19,308 / 613 / -81

You from Newport?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • WRENCH OF SHIT WRENCH OF SHIT x 1