1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New Wales Brand

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Costa Coffee Crew, 12 Aug 2019.

1. Costa Coffee Crew

Costa Coffee Crew Wales Call Up
    ❶ 1 YEAR ❶

Ratings:
    +361 / 10 / -1
    download (1).jpg A lot of different views have been expressed about the new Wales / FAW Brand and Badge. Initially I liked the badge but there more I have seen of the complete brand the less I like it. Somehow the brand film felt like it was someone trying to sound like they knew Wales when they didn't. The film is full of cliches and the messaging lacks autheticity.

So I tried to find out who did it. Turns out it was a London agency called Bulletproof.

I looked at their website. Rarely have I seen so much bullshit. "Our name isn’t a dressing – it’s a belief that all work must have a genesis in impenetrable ideas. Born from restlessness and a frustration with the design agency sea of sameness, we march to the beat of our own drum."

What the fuck does "a genesis in impenetrable ideas mean"? To me it means ideas no one understands, Crap like this gives my industry a bad name. There was no need to give this task to a London agency. There are plenty of talented people in Wales who could have done better.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Stantona

Stantona Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐 👥 Harris Out Brigade 👥

Ratings:
    +1,164 / 339 / -197
  3. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘

Ratings:
    +46,796 / 1,867 / -237
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  4. Costa Coffee Crew

Costa Coffee Crew Wales Call Up
    ❶ 1 YEAR ❶

Ratings:
    +361 / 10 / -1
    Thing is Colonel the brand goes way beyond the badge. The badge irself is OK, I understand the rationale for simplification and some modrenisation. But when the dragon is used corporately outside the shield it looks like a cheap Bavarian Beer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 👥 GTAM WINNER 👥 📞 Cardiff City Master 📞 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +9,888 / 235 / -60
    Will be disappointed if they don't use the Welsh motto.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  6. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘

Ratings:
    +46,796 / 1,867 / -237
    Yeah the back story isn't ideal but it's just waffle, the dragon existed long before that agency ever did and will outlast them too, all they did was give it a polish.

It doesn't stop being ours any more than a Ferrari stops being Italian after it gets a respray in Droitwich.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1