1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VAR will kill the game as we know it

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Colonel Cardiffi, 12 Aug 2019.

1. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘

Ratings:
    +46,781 / 1,867 / -237

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  2. Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 👥 GTAM WINNER 👥 📞 Cardiff City Master 📞 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +9,888 / 235 / -60
    :fookoff:

• Funny Funny x 2
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  3. adz-a32

adz-a32 GRAMMY WINNER
    ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ PICKEM World Cup 3rd 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐 Doctors work hard as fuck you cunt

Ratings:
    +4,291 / 640 / -145
    Umm... remember Chelsea game at the CCS last season?

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hilly ap Willie

Hilly ap Willie Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +3,078 / 42 / -19
    Can't think of another sport it's killed off.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
  5. steve davies

steve davies SCARED OF DANDRUFF
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ 🗐🗐 20 PAGER 🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +5,975 / 110 / -22

they could improve it by only counting the feet as being in the offside position as sterlings shoulder being offside by an inch while his feet are easily onside makes a mockery of the system. also theres plenty of time and evidence to decide if a handball is deliberate or not as the wolves goal being disallowed was farcial as well

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Kicking ffsmadine’s arse at betting.
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ~LAST MAN STANDING~ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐 🐉 Sexual Dinosaur 🐉

Ratings:
    +20,680 / 641 / -85
    If it spoils the premier league then good enough for the bloated uncompetitive pile of shit that it's become.

We'll enjoy our competitive var free games in the lower leagues thank you very much.

• Good Football Post Good Football Post x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Rydogsccfc

Rydogsccfc Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +3,060 / 238 / -43
    Anything as far as Bruno is concerned

:fook:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Nugent

Nugent Let's get brexit done
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ PICKEM 17/18 - 2nd Place 🏁🏁🏁 50 PAGER 🏁🏁🏁 "Most Normal Person"

Ratings:
    +16,550 / 2,309 / -771
    Obviously the chelsea game would have worked, but theres so many tight decisions that it wont..
    I'm all for it tho. For the obvious decisions

9. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘

Ratings:
    +46,781 / 1,867 / -237
    It was bad enough when you had the possibility of the lino giving an offside while you were in the middle of celebrating the goal your team desperately needed, now you could celebrate a goal, nip out for a piss and come back to find the goal you're so chuffed about had been disallowed some minutes after it went in.

It'll be the end of limbs after an El Topo Shelfo, nobody will want to celebrate until it's been "confirmed".

10. Nugent

Nugent Let's get brexit done
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ PICKEM 17/18 - 2nd Place 🏁🏁🏁 50 PAGER 🏁🏁🏁 "Most Normal Person"

Ratings:
    +16,550 / 2,309 / -771
    But most city fans get tanked up before the game and miss the original goal WHILE having a piss , so when they come back, nothing has changed score wise.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Joecity

Joecity Doesn't go into details
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 PICKEM World Cup 1st ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🏁🏁🏁 50 PAGER 🏁🏁🏁

Ratings:
    +31,417 / 477 / -91
    The game is reffed differently in every country to a degree. What you can get away with in Serie A you couldn't in Spain or whatever. VAR is trying to unify it. Nuno will be the first to object to a British type tackle we thinks fair on one of his players not getting a yellow but when Fifa sripulate a defined definition of handball and it goes against him he's cross. Just fuck odf. Its happening whatever. Just deal with it you eskimo prick.

12. kiffa

kiffa (kippa)
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +8,501 / 273 / -119
    You’ll get all the managers in the PL having a swipe this season if it goes against them

You think this bearded nonce would be piping up if Leicester has one chalked off?

Twat.

Cunt.

Prick.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Peter Stilton

Peter Stilton Player of the Month
    ❶ 1 YEAR ❶

Ratings:
    +273 / 5 / -2
    Why don’t they do what they do in tennis? Give each team a set number of challenges per game and get on with it.
    Eliminates the apparent need to check absolutely everything incase a strikers fingernail is marginally offside.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Joecity

Ratings:
    +31,417 / 477 / -91
    Nuno what did you make of that VAR desicion ?

I don Lika the VAR me. Ees ow u say a bit shit, In this moment its like playing against the 12 men. (too much..Ive no filter tonight. Sorry)

[​IMG] .

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Jamieccfc

Jamieccfc Ballon d'Or Winner
    🗐 10 PAGER 🗐 👥 Harris Out Brigade 👥

Ratings:
    +5,586 / 160 / -19
    All the people talking about it killing the atmosphere I’ve never witnessed anything like that Man City v spurs game, I thought var was done well in the champions league apart from a couple of hand ball decisions because no fucker actually knows what hand ball is anymore :shrug2: the European refs seem far superior to the English ones

16. Joecity

Ratings:
    +31,417 / 477 / -91
    I agree. VAR was pretty good. I thought Lorente's was handball if you remeber that and the PSG was a bit tight but it worked well. Im sure it depends which muppets are sat in the truck VAR'ing it as such...

17. Jamieccfc

Ratings:
    +5,586 / 160 / -19
    Lorentes would’ve been harsh as fuck, how man yo had a pel I don’t know but I have no idea what hand ball is anymore, I like the idea of var as I think it will even it up against the big boys but it will take a few years to perfect

18. Joecity

Ratings:
    +31,417 / 477 / -91
    Would have been harsh but I thought that was the point of VAR. It is handball or its not. It affected the flight of the ball. How could it not ? No grey areas with VAR as such. That's why they've tightened it up this year. Hits your arm, hand or whatever - Handball.

19. BSP

BSP Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +9,033 / 117 / -13
    I’m not a fan of var at all.

I have no problem with the use of technology to help the ref but not if it’s to the detriment of the game.
    Of course the telly companies and the fucking armchair fans will love it, it gives an added layer of tension, a bit like a reality tv programme.

How long will it be before Davina McCall or Dermot O’ bastard Leary announce the result of the var decision after a predictable and pointless 10 second delay?

“the refs decision is in, and the result is.........................................................................................................................................................................PELANTY!”

I agree with Nuno, it’s bollocks, sack it off.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Jamieccfc

Ratings:
    +5,586 / 160 / -19
    thats fair enough, the only thing I would change is the tmo makes the decisions and none of the ref looking at the screen nonsense which seems to be the case

• Agree Agree x 1