1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VAR will kill the game as we know it

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Colonel Cardiffi, 12 Aug 2019.

1. Joecity

Joecity Doesn't go into details
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ PICKEM World Cup 1st 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +31,015 / 468 / -90
    Absolutely. Fucking stupid. That's why the Birds World cup was so shit. The ref should just ref the game unless informed of serious foul play or any reason why a goal shouldn't stand.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  2. BSP

BSP Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +8,868 / 115 / -13
    This is what should be done, they loosely follow the rugby TMO except the game isn’t stopped as it is in the egg.
    You have the fourth official in the stand with a monitor who can quickly rewind and slo-mo as the game is in progress. He’s miked up to the ref. Any decisions he thinks are wrong, he tells the ref and he can decide wether to accept it or not. The refs decision is still final.

The ref then gets the benefit of technology without pissing about looking at a monitor.

3. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Kicking ffsmadine’s arse at betting.
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐 🐉 Sexual Dinosaur 🐉

Ratings:
    +20,460 / 635 / -84

That’s the point though Joseph. It’s meant to be like that but it’s not. I watched MOTD on the weekend and there was a game (Brighton, Burnley or some other little club) where a free kick was clearly blocked by an arm of a player in the wall. Fuck knows if it got looked at or not because he criteria seems to change from week to week but nobody seemed to care too much because it wasn’t Liverpool or Man Utd.

Use technology for obvious stuff but anything debatable should be left to the officials. The whole point of var was to clear up decision making. At present it doesn’t do that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  4. Joecity

Joecity Doesn't go into details
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ PICKEM World Cup 1st 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +31,015 / 468 / -90
    I do agree. Rugby has it right. I have to say. When there's a try that looks a bit iffy the ref will ask is there a reason I cant award a try? If there's some yellow or red card offence he doesn't see the Video ref says in his ear check, check, and play stops to look at the incident. Apart from that they don use it really. Works a treat. I cant for the life of me see why football cant be the same.