1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vasell

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by TH63, 12 Aug 2019.

1. TH63

TH63 How I wish you were here.
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐 PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place PICKEM World Cup 2nd

Ratings:
    +20,682 / 687 / -134
    Not a bad article about him in WOL

Vassell has been plagued by injury with many writing him off, but struck last-gasp Bluebirds winner against Luton

[​IMG]

Cardiff City's new goalscoring idol has a simple but poignant message to his doubters: Don't write me off because of my injury-plagued past.

While Cardiff City Stadium was sent into raptures by Isaac Vassell's injury-time winner against Luton Town, for the striker it represented the first barrier broken on a long road to recovery.
    In October 2017, Vassell was at the foothills of a gruelling mountain of rehabilitation work after rupturing his ACL against Aston Villa while playing for Birmingham.

What lay ahead was an agonising year of gym work followed by a season playing second fiddle to Lukas Jutkiewicz.

Many Cardiff fans will have researched Vassell's modest record at Birmingham and quickly made their assessments. It was clear, especially after the departure of Bobby Reid, they were yearning for a striker with pedigree in the Championship.

It had been reported that some clubs were put off by the player's injury record, but, if anything, that has served only to fuel his determination to be a success in the Welsh capital.

"You hear things, you read things here and there, but ultimately, as a player, you can't let that affect you," Vassell said of other clubs losing interest.

"You can say about my injury record but off the back of that you need to give some sort of opportunity.

"I'm not saying I've not had the opportunities but sometimes it just doesn't work like that in football.

"For someone to give you a chance - my rehab was fine, everything was fine - but people are going to have their worries and their doubts. But I'm an example today of people who can come back from injury and maybe it shouldn't affect your decision on someone."

Read More here New Bluebirds goal ace delivers message to his doubters - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/new-cardiff-city-goal-ace-16736645

• Good Football Post Good Football Post x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  2. kiffa

kiffa (kippa)
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +8,490 / 273 / -119
    Good sounds coming out there

Sounds hungry to prove himself

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ~LAST MAN STANDING~ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘

Ratings:
    +46,094 / 1,855 / -235
    I'd luv it if he turned out to be the 20 goal striker we've been missing all these years. Luv it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  4. TH63

🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐 PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place PICKEM World Cup 2nd

Ratings:
    +20,682 / 687 / -134
    Well he's already equalled Ken Zohore's goal tally from last season

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steve R

Steve R Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +18,728 / 663 / -82
    And scored more than Gaaaaary Madine since he joined the club. :coat:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TH63

Ratings:
    +20,682 / 687 / -134
    I've scored the same number of goals for City as Gary Madine.

It's a record I'm very proud of

• Funny Funny x 9
  7. Steve R

Steve R Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +18,728 / 663 / -82
    :hehe::hehe:

8. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Ballon d'Or Winner
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ✤✤✤✤ 400 PAGER ✤✤✤✤

Ratings:
    +31,215 / 313 / -36
    And he’s already done more running than lazy Ken did all last season in just 5 minutes of playing time

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote