1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warnock charged by FA

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Glos Blue, 12 Apr 2019.

1. Glos Blue

Glos Blue The challenge is big but together we will make it!
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 PICKEM 17/18 - 3rd Place

Ratings:
    +2,419 / 41 / -10
    Neil Warnock has been charged by the Football Association following alleged post-match comments made after Cardiff’s defeat to Chelsea.

The Bluebirds boss has been charged with improper conduct after remarks made in relation to the officials' performance in his side's controversial 2-1 defeat to Chelsea on March 31.

Replays showed Cesar Azpilicueta was in an offside position when he scored Chelsea's equaliser, while Warnock also believed Cardiff should have been awarded two penalties.

[​IMG]

After the game, Warnock told Sky Sports: "It's the best league in the world with probably the worst officials at the minute. I don't know what Mike Riley does with his linesman, but he'll probably get a game next week. They don't understand what's at stake.

"All the hard work over the last three weeks, and it's none of our faults that an official can't look across the line. It's the most obviously offside I've ever seen. You just can't believe it.

"Is it me? Is it payback time for me over the many years? Are they thinking, 'let's get him out of the way?' I honestly don't know."

An FA statement confirmed Warnock has until April 16 to respond to the charge.

"Neil Warnock has been charged with three breaches of FA Rule E3," the statement said.

[​IMG]

"It is alleged that comments he made in a post-match interview with the BBC, and a post-match interview with Sky Sports, following the Premier League game against Chelsea on March 31, were improper in that they questioned the integrity of the Match Official and/or implied bias.

"It is further alleged that comments he made in a TalkSport Radio interview on April 1 constitute improper conduct and/or bring the game into disrepute.

"The Cardiff City manager has until 6pm on April 16 to provide a response."

SOURCE: Neil Warnock charged by FA following Chelsea post-match comments - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11704/11691455/neil-warnock-charged-by-fa-following-chelsea-post-match-comments

2. Eat Y'self Fitter

Eat Y'self Fitter **FORUM PRESIDENT**
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place

Ratings:
    +8,534 / 339 / -49
    Can I suggest this as his response?

:fookoff:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Top Tune Top Tune x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  3. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter RIP Dave

Ratings:
    +11,187 / 432 / -54
    Just show them the footage as backup for his comments.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  4. kiffa

kiffa (kippa)
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +5,111 / 144 / -67
    Fucking cheek

Do you know what brings the game into disrepute? Refereeing as bad as that.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
  5. SloopJB

SloopJB Club and Country Superstar
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +494 / 6 / -0
    Great timing by the FA!! On the Eve of perhaps our biggest game of the season. And asking him to respond by Tuesday, knowing we are preparing for another huge game away to Brighton. Just ignore them Neil.
    SJB

• Good Football Post Good Football Post x 1
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. jon1959

jon1959 Club and Country Superstar

Ratings:
    +851 / 14 / -2
  7. Ainsley Harriott

Ainsley Harriott Give your meat a good ol' rub
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +4,826 / 136 / -11
    Neil's response should just be to shit in a tupperware box & mail it directly to Greg Clarke.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Glenys Hogan

Glenys Hogan UBER NOOB

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Priceless!! Of course the truth hurts. Rather than the FA looking into or doing anything about their useless officials....we'll just slap Mr Warnock with a hefty fine
    Wouldn't expect any more from them tbh....oh shit am In disrepute? :hehe:

9. Goslow

Goslow Ich bin ein fotze
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆

Ratings:
    +6,920 / 243 / -84
    I wonder what would happen if Warnock refused to pay the fine?