1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warnock staying

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by steve davies, 13 May 2019.

1. Barry Shitpeas

Barry Shitpeas Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +4,818 / 47 / -11
  2. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽

Ratings:
    +27,586 / 1,445 / -200
    Well whether you think the man suitable for the job or not, you have to recognise his popularity with the fans and just how much of a shitstorm it would have been if he was let go before the start of the season.

The big cheeses will have seen how close we were to survival and the potential of the group of players we have and with the manager situation sorted early on we can properly plan for the campaign ahead. :warnock:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  3. Cityfella

Cityfella Club and Country Superstar

Ratings:
    +743 / 62 / -9
    Already Renewed my st for next season ..now knowing Warnock is staying I guess I'll just pick and choose wich games I attend now

• Mare Mare x 2
  4. Colin Wanker

Colin Wanker Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +1,121 / 62 / -13
    He knows the division and how to get out of it, hopefully a few new signings will get the juices flowing and we will be up there scrapping for promotion. There were not too many uninterested fans towards the thick end of last season.:warnock:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TH63

TH63 How I wish you were here.
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place PICKEM World Cup 2nd 😈 Prince of Darkness 😈

Ratings:
    +13,203 / 458 / -113
    I'm pleased he's staying. He's the man to keep our squad together and get us back up.

That said, it doesn't sound like he fancies another season in the prem, so this time next year we'll be having a new manager. I just hope we can get someone lined up before the end of the coming season, or even joining now as part of Warnock's team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  6. Joecity

Joecity Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 PICKEM World Cup 1st

Ratings:
    +17,907 / 251 / -62

What's happening with Bellers? I kind of thought that would be the next move. Seems to have gone quiet. Has he been up the golf club?

7. TH63

🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place PICKEM World Cup 2nd 😈 Prince of Darkness 😈

Ratings:
    +13,203 / 458 / -113
    Well I haven't seen his car in the car park

• Interesting Interesting x 2
  8. CCFC_27

CCFC_27 Wales Call Up

Ratings:
    +382 / 13 / -3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  9. TH63

Ratings:
    +13,203 / 458 / -113
    • WRENCH OF SHIT WRENCH OF SHIT x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Barry Shitpeas

Barry Shitpeas Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +4,818 / 47 / -11
    • Agree Agree x 5
  11. Joecity

Ratings:
    +17,907 / 251 / -62
    Inclined to agree. I think if we are to get back on the first bounce then Warnock is the man. I understand the other view point as well. Why waste another year before a new man comes in. I'd hate to see more money down the drain in the next transfer window though. He will have to commit to signing some players that he's prepared to play. Play them from the off and not fall out with them. Just stick by them. Don't lambast them in public. Improve them if they are not quite performing. Invest some time.Take responsibility. I'm not sure he did that all the time last year, especially against Fulham. It cost us dear.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
  12. Woody

Woody Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +2,124 / 26 / -5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Good Football Post Good Football Post x 1
  13. Joecity

Ratings:
    +17,907 / 251 / -62
    Yeah. He tried every single game. He doesn't just turn up expecting his wage. I respect that.

Edit - Best Ayatollah ever as well. So fricking happy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jamieccfc

Jamieccfc Player of the Month

Ratings:
    +297 / 5 / -0
    It’s interesting that Warnock has previously mentioned December and now talking about the long term future of the club, are we going to see his replacement come January? Getting eased in the last few months of the season with Neil in charge of the transition? Or am I getting 5 out of 2 + 2?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  15. ViewFromAfar

ViewFromAfar Wales Call Up

Ratings:
    +464 / 0 / -0
    Always seemed to put a shift in and make himself busy, far more mobile that Ken but neither could hit a cows arse with a shovel this year. His loan deal has ended but maybe he'd be more suited to Championship if he had some confidence and his shooting boots on.
    I dont see much future for Ken at CCS unless he bucks up bigtime..had he not done the biz end of last season I suspect he would have been gone a while ago. Too static for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. TDA

TDA slightly clapped out ninja
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲

Ratings:
    +7,490 / 240 / -24
    He has always said that if he stayed he would help find his successor.

17. ViewFromAfar

ViewFromAfar Wales Call Up

Ratings:
    +464 / 0 / -0
    You could well have a valid point...I wouldnt be at all surprised but would very much limit potential candidates I would imagine

18. Joecity

Ratings:
    +17,907 / 251 / -62
    Yeah. One thing I would say is that Ken needs games. He needs 5 or 6 games to hit his straps. And then he needs balls played to feet when he's got an open body position. He'soften looking for this. He's not really an optiom unless he's playing in a team that can get the ball down and service him. Niasse is much better off scraps. With any luck the service will be better whoever starts up top next year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Steve R

Steve R Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +11,451 / 524 / -59
    WHERE'S BELLAMY?