1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warnock: Veteran boss wants one last hurrah as a manager

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Colonel Cardiffi, 14 Jan 2020.

1. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ 🏃🏃🏃 600 PAGER 🏃🏃🏃 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +68,302 / 2,134 / -250
    Neil Warnock says he is looking to manage one more club and would like to take on another role this season.

[​IMG]

The 71-year-old left Cardiff City in November having been in football for over 50 years as a player, coach and manager and having managed 1,488 games.

Warnock says he is motivated for one last challenge and wants to reach the milestone of 1,500 competitive matches.

"Apparently I have 12 league games to go to get 1,500 and that is really tempting to me," Warnock said.

Cardiff were the 15th team to be managed by Warnock, who has achieved a record eight promotions, including taking the Bluebirds into the Premier League.

[​IMG]

Warnock says he is motivated for one last challenge, but has an open mind as to what level his next club is at.

"I might have to go to League Two or something like that, but why not? It doesn't bother me what division I am managing in," he added in an interview with BBC Radio Wales breakfast.

"I just think I will go to the end of this season. We are doing quite a bit of renovation at the house in Cornwall and it will be finished at the end of the season.

"So I think Sharon [his wife] will be happy for me to be out of the house for a few weeks!

"People have mentioned things, but I have had no offers yet.

"I would like to do the 12 games if I am honest, I would like to be able to contribute to a club, either saving it or getting it up.

"Arsenal didn't come in for me, but I was understanding!"

SOURCE: Neil Warnock: Veteran boss wants one last hurrah as a manager - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51100089

• Like Like x 1
    • Good Football Post Good Football Post x 1
    • Zzz Zzz x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  2. TH63

TH63 How I wish you were here.
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place PICKEM World Cup 2nd

Ratings:
    +32,395 / 926 / -150
    How many games do we have left this season? :sherlock:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • WRENCH OF SHIT WRENCH OF SHIT x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  3. Whitts Left Peg

Whitts Left Peg Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🏁🏁🏁 50 PAGER 🏁🏁🏁 🏅 BEST FOOTBALL
    POSTER 🏅

Ratings:
    +18,564 / 509 / -77
    Bore off, Colin. Your last "One last hurrah" is the reason for the mess we now find ourselves in you selfish twat.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. Crowbar Johnny

Crowbar Johnny Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐🗐 20 PAGER 🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +2,131 / 57 / -23
    Oh NW is full of shit. :wave:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. TDA

TDA fully paid up member of the silent majority
    ⭐⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐⭐ 💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🏆 GOLD 🏆 🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ 🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅

Ratings:
    +14,856 / 469 / -43
    Good luck to him if that what he wants. To still be enthusiastic and want to keep working in a job he loves at 71 is a rare gift. Most people can't wait to give up the day to day slog, but being able to do what you enjoy brings a completely different mindset.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Rydogsccfc

Rydogsccfc Ballon d'Or Winner
    ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐 I ❤ LEE TOMLIN I ❤ NEIL HARRIS

Ratings:
    +6,277 / 410 / -79
    Feel sorry for the next club only using them for his selfish needs just to get past 1500 games hes achieved so much in the game fucking call it a day mun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TH63

TH63 How I wish you were here.
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place PICKEM World Cup 2nd

Ratings:
    +32,395 / 926 / -150
    I must’ve missed the bit where it was claimed he was going to join a club that didn’t want to sign him.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Zzz Zzz x 1
  8. BLUE TUESDAY

BLUE TUESDAY Forums Adonis
    💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 ⌚ GOALTIME WINNER ⌚ I ❤ NEIL HARRIS WEED CLUB

Ratings:
    +9,063 / 128 / -9
    In a nutshell :thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  9. bluethrough

bluethrough Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +20,189 / 295 / -32
    If I owned a club that was languishing at in a relegation spot I would take him in a heartbeat.

Good luck to him in whatever he chooses to do I say

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Tandy

Tandy Club and Country Superstar
    ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +842 / 60 / -36
    [​IMG]

11. Whitts Left Peg

POSTER 🏅

Ratings:
    +18,564 / 509 / -77
    :stfu:

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. bluethrough

Ratings:
    +20,189 / 295 / -32

Yeah....things were so much better at the club before he arrived. Playing lovely football and ripping the league up, all in unity with the fans.

NW was far from the worst manager we have had, not even the worse in the last decade. Just seems your bitterness towards him makes you unable to let things go.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Snowflake Snowflake x 1
  13. stantys tattoos

stantys tattoos never sober
    💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❶ 1 YEAR ❶ PICKEM 19/20 WINNER ~LMS Belarus~ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ 😈 Prince of Darkness 😈 🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺

Ratings:
    +38,860 / 853 / -70
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Whitts Left Peg

POSTER 🏅

Ratings:
    +18,564 / 509 / -77
    Theres no crime against that is there? Were not posting on AAMB where we all have to toe the party line are we?

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ 🏃🏃🏃 600 PAGER 🏃🏃🏃 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷

Ratings:
    +68,302 / 2,134 / -250
    OK stanty, since you like it so much I've put it in the Large Smileys section :hehe:

:YWLIL:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. bluethrough

Ratings:
    +20,189 / 295 / -32

Didn't actually realise there was an official party line :shrug2:

If me replying to your posts offends, then I'm sorry but I guess you will just have to live with it

17. Joecity

Joecity Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD 🏆 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ PICKEM World Cup 1st FOURCAST WINNER ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ 🏅 FUNNIEST POSTER 🏅 🏅 BEST POSTER 🏅

Ratings:
    +45,315 / 591 / -110
    Life's as much about leaving the stage at the right time as well. His one last roll of the dice could easily result in a relegation and he'll have all his retirement to reflect on that then. He had a good career. Budge over for the younger lads now Neil.

• Like Like x 1
    • Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Whitts Left Peg

POSTER 🏅

Ratings:
    +18,564 / 509 / -77
    The only one who seems offended is you because you dont agree with me criticising Sir Neil.

I will continue to criticise him wether you think I am being bitter or not so perhaps you had better start to live with it.

19. TDA

TDA fully paid up member of the silent majority
    ⭐⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐⭐ 💎💎 DIAMOND 💎💎 🏆 GOLD 🏆 🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲 ❷ 2 YEARS ❷ ☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘ 🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅

Ratings:
    +14,856 / 469 / -43
    Rotherham a couple of seasons ago is a good example. I think he would do the job for expenses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bluethrough

Ratings:
    +20,189 / 295 / -32

I live with your bitterness towards him most days without being offended in the slightest.

Just occasionally decide to reply to you to add some balance from a less bitter place

Knock yourself out with your criticism of him, I don't really care and I'm sure NW wouldn't really give a fuck either. I just find it amusing that you still harbour all this shit over a manager who has long gone, just as you wanted.

• Agree Agree x 1