1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welsh independence

Discussion in 'Cardiff City Forum' started by Manbearpig, 10 Jul 2019.

1. Feedback

Feedback Ballon d'Or Winner

Ratings:
    +3,512 / 227 / -60
    Europe wasnt the UK's biggest market. Europe was left to the Dutch and French.

What makes you think the FS sector would leave the financial capital of the world?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hilly ap Willie

Hilly ap Willie Ballon d'Or Winner
    🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 30 / -3
    No commodity backing though, is there? It’s less than fresh air. No backing no legal undertaking. Sweet FA. Great for trading while you can and a game to be played like musical chairs as I see it. When the music stops what you holding? A couple of computer files.
    Feedy you’re a switched on guy on investing and arbitrage etc. Way beyond my knowledge base. But at some point in the future crypto has to take a huge tumble when confidence is hit. its Like kids trading cards to me, as long as someone is prepared to swap it’s great.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  3. Malarkey

Malarkey Ballon d'Or Winner
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐

Ratings:
    +3,334 / 40 / -20
    Because they'll follow the profit. If they thought that London couldn't acheive as much as elsewhere they'd be gone. There is no such thing in business as loyalty.
    If the UK crashes out without a deal then all major companies will just think about themselves. Do I deal with apopulation of 70m or 700m hmm?

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
  4. Colonel Cardiffi

Colonel Cardiffi C'mon CITY!
    ⭐⭐ PLATINUM ⭐⭐ 🏆 GOLD MEMBER 🏆 ⚽ MODERATOR ⚽ 🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +32,497 / 1,538 / -207
    Crypto, in particular Bitcoin has already taken a number of "huge tumbles" or crashes and always rises back to well above where it previously dipped. It's similar to fiat currencies in that way.

[​IMG]

What makes crypto better than fiat is that it's decentralized, meaning you have complete control over your own money, i.e., you are your own bank. No regulator can step in and stop you if you wanted to send or spend your cryptocurrency anywhere in the world, there's not even a paper trail, no snooping eyes, it is completely encrypted, you own the money and the transactions completely.

It also has the added benefit of being based on mathematics via a shared, open ledger called the blockchain that everyone in the world has access to and can view at any time. It keeps itself honest because it has to.

Crypto will run a LOT of processes and services in the future in ways you'd never even considered before. Microtransactions are set to be a huge part of daily life and fiat won't be able to compete because it fundamentally lacks the features that make cryptocurrency so uniquely suited to these things.

• Absolutely Spot On Absolutely Spot On x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to view full quote
  5. Hilly ap Willie

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 30 / -3
    It’s not necessarily the number of customers though. It’s the wealth or buying power of the customers. Mo
    well. That’s telling me ain’t it? :hehe:
    I don’t like it and don’t trust it and certainly don’t get the theory of it. And whether one compares it to a fiat or commodity based currency you don’t see such violent movement in them as happens in crypto. They’re more like share prices than currency and how a “currency” can shift its perceived value in such a short time frame shows its of no use other than for gamers, gamblers and money launderers. You only have to look at the outcry if the £ moves a smidgeon against another currency. Imagine the the window jumping suicides when people start slinging their earned money into their so called own mathematically based self controlled account and it plummets before they get to Asda with it.
    Not convinced yet CC.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. stantys tattoos

stantys tattoos Ballon d'Or Winner
    😈 Prince of Darkness 😈 🗐🗐 20 PAGER 🗐🗐

Ratings:
    +4,484 / 130 / -22
    [​IMG] bring on the football ffs

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +32,497 / 1,538 / -207
    Don't blame you at all, it's only been going 10 years, it has some way to go compared to other currencies but you'd be daft to look the other way on purpose as it begins to take a worldwide foothold.

I'd advise anyone to keep themselves in the loop with regards to 2 cryptocurrencies in particular, bitcoin and etherium.

8. Hilly ap Willie

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 30 / -3
    For a currency to be worthwhile to the general public it’s needs stability and deep trust. Otherwise it’s a punt by any other name. For those dealing in them now, crack on and rip the arse out of it while you can and bank your profits. For some reason the old saying of “knowing the price of everything but the value of nothing” is screaming out about the whole crypto sector for me. Yep it’s got a price because people are excited about or willing to trade it and a lot of big beasts in the finance markets are dipping their toe in, but those big beasts also piled into the derivative markets and sub prime lending not so long ago and we all see the result of that period of irrational exuberance! And that was a regulated, supervised environment. There will be serious manipulation in crypto’s as the unsavoury elements see how easy it is to ramp up and play amateur traders, which will make the last financial crash look like a blip. Each to their own eh boss? And good luck to those who have the balls to buy crypto for now.

9. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +32,497 / 1,538 / -207
    I'm not advocating for Bitcoin to become our new currency, just pointing out to you that it's not just some flash in the pan, useless fad. It's going to be huge.

Facebook have just launched their own coin called "Libra", which technically is just a digital currency rather than a true cryptocurrency because it's not decentralized, is backed by treasury securities and will only allow members to process transactions on their blockchain (known as "mining") but the US government have considered it enough of a threat to the dollar to have stepped in and put the brakes on the project until they've thumbed through the fine print.

Crypto is the next big thing, basically.

10. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Vote Lecter.
    🗐 10 PAGER 🗐

Ratings:
    +14,533 / 494 / -74
    Am I the only one who has no fucking clue what this thread has turned into?

I've only just figured out internet banking ffs.

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Feedback

Ratings:
    +3,512 / 227 / -60
    no commodity? the commodity is the derived from the security of payment being outside the clutches of the powers that be.

12. Feedback

Ratings:
    +3,512 / 227 / -60
    I don't disagree with you, its the south sea bubble all over again. I was just pointing out that crypto isn't a currency per se, its a commodity - people want it because they can trade it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Feedback

Ratings:
    +3,512 / 227 / -60
    I don't disagree with you, its the south sea bubble all over again. I was just pointing out that crypto isn't a currency per se, its a commodity - people want it because they can trade it.

14. Feedback

Ratings:
    +3,512 / 227 / -60
    if that's the case why does'n t busness jsut all mvoe to china and india then? what makes you think their is top talent outside of London to accomodate the 300,000 people who work int he city?

I agree that some subsidiary may more to Frankfurt aM, Paris or Milan, but I'd be surprsied if the group as a whole moved from London - its a global city that Paris, Milan or any other European city just cannot compare, and msot importantly, English is business lingua franca.

15. Feedback

Ratings:
    +3,512 / 227 / -60
    bitcoin tanked are the start of 2018. as fewer bitcoin remain to be mined, its value will rise until it hits its natural level.

shameless plug here, but check out crypto daily on youtube.

16. Hilly ap Willie

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 30 / -3
    Ok. Drug dealers and people traffickers of the world unite.:hehe:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hilly ap Willie

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 30 / -3
    It’ll ultimately help ferment anarchy I tell ya.

18. Colonel Cardiffi

Ratings:
    +32,497 / 1,538 / -207
    You and Trump must be soul mates :hehe:

[​IMG]